Chapter 19 - The apples

Moon's eyes widened in surprise over the basket of apples. He indicates for Star to climb up, to the highest point of the tree. Where they could talk in private over the apples. Star nods his head. Climbing up the tree with one hand, passing cross, the twins and soon reaching the top. Moon sat on the top branch. The moon ironically facing behind him.

"Why did you bring them." Moon asks looking at Star with a deadly gaze.

"So our enemies couldn't get hold of them. Well there is still one or two apples left but that's around it." Star plainly states. He put the basket of delicate apples on a thin branch. The wind blowing it back and forth.

Moon sighs, rolling his eyes. "I'm pretty sure they already knew that the apple's would kill them. So you really didn't make a difference."

"Oh but I did." Star smiles happily. "Moon we can use these to our advantage. To protect them. I mean... whatever Cross has heard from Ink and that Kingdom. We need to put their safety above ours. Those knights. We don't know if next they'll bring an army." Star explains. "And lets both admit. We're not as powerful as we could be... without our powers."

"What are you implying? That we eat the apples?" Moon glances at the basket and back at his brother.

Star nods his head. "Our powers. They stem from the apples. And this time we have the opportunity for both of us to reach maximum power. It won't be you with all the apples, all the power. It will be both of us. An even more even balance!" As Star spoke he appeared to be getting a even more crazy expression upon his face.

Moon inhaled deeply. "No. Star that's a terrible idea. What if we lose ourselves. Like I did. What happens if we do more harm then good? We could be putting them in even more danger."

"It was only a suggestion." Star mumbles looking at his hands. "The first suggestion that we've had so far since we left the village."

"We've only regrouped a few minutes ago... and you're already think of me going corrupt." Moon holds his head in his hands. "Gee thanks."

Star could tell Moon was upset. While he was indeed implying the idea of both of them eating the apples and therefore, implying Moon to corrupt himself once again.

Well

It would certainly give them the upper hand. They needed all the extra help they could get. While Star was coming up with many plans in his head. The idea of eating the apples, which he knew worked, seemed to be the most plausible.

Plus... they would be equal. Star would get to find out what he would become with more than one golden apple's worth of power.

"Moon I know you don't like the idea. Plus we don't have to do it yet. It's just an idea, we don't have to do it. I'm sorry I made you upset." While the power would be nice... his brother's feelings did come first. "Please don't hate me for it."

Moon looked up at him. Tired eyes. "I don't hate you. Not anymore." Moon gives a soft caring smile to his brother. "While your suggestion isn't bad. I just think that we should put that as a final resort. Our last chance. Agreed?"

"Agreed." Star nods his head. He also holds out his hand to shake on it. Moon shakes his brothers hand. Securing the promise.

"Well now that that's settled. We can... think of something else." Moon muttered.

Star hums. "Maybe we should go to sleep. Wake up as earlier as we can and continue trying to get ahead of whatever could be approaching." He looks down the tree at everyone. The sleeping guardians and Cross who was sat at the edge.

Keeping a careful eye around the forest and the large plain around. Making sure that no one was sneaking up on them. His knife summoned having a faint red glow. Still being difficult to see where they were.

"I'll take watch with Cross." Star begins climbing down the tree. "Keep an eye on them. They trust you more." He looks down at the small guardians.

"Aye alright." Moon stretches. "Well see you later." Moon goes on the branch next to where the young guardians were sleeping.

"See you." Star waves going further down.

Moon sighed relaxing. Even though he was rather upset. The house he had just built was gone and he was back to sleeping up against the aching bark. Oh well.

Star sat down next to Cross. Snapping of a branch. "Do you have a spare knife?"

"Uh yeah. It's not as good as this one." He handed Star a tiny pocket knife.

"It'll be good enough to make a staff." Star gently took the knife. Sharpening the end of a stick to get a sharp point. "Least we've got another weapon."

"Yeah. Looks like we're taking this very seriously." Cross commented.

Star nodded... "I mean we don't have a clue what's going on. As even when me and Moon were young... this never happened."

"Do you think that this could be happening because of the fact that you and Moon are there?"

"It's a possibility and a very good one at that." Star holds his spear, pointing it towards the ground.

Cross hums. "Thanks."

Not much else was said after that. The two too busy focused on looking around the area. Any movement they heard their heads instantly snapped in the direction...watching and waiting intently on whether or not to attack.

Luckily it was just animals. No people or monsters who were probably still hunting them down. The sight of dawn made the two sigh in relief. Especially when the happy chatter of Dream and Nightmare (talking about a squirrel that they spotted) appeared. 

---------

um hi. How's everyone doing? 

Been a while since this books updated. So here we are. I'll try and get another chapter out soon

Thanks for reading hope your having a good day/night