Chapter 3 - Story

Dream and Nightmare sat up in the nest off the tree. It was going to be a chilly night as the wind suddenly picked up speed and began blowing violently in the tree. The two sat next to one another, as Star also sat in the nest.

Star felt a sense of nostalgia sitting up there. He hadn't been in the tree for so long, when times were simpler. It was lovely. Just calming to be up there once again after so, so long. He looked towards Dream and Nightmare. Just flooding back with more nostalgia, of his brother's warm embrace on the cold nights.

"You two ready for the story?" Star inquired having a slight childlike tone of voice.

Dream pretty much sat up and nodded enthusiastically. "Yep!" He exclaimed.

Star smiled. "Okay, okay. Sit back down." Star stated unbuttoning his cape, wrapping it around the two. "Any suggestions?" He wondered.

Nightmare smiled. "Dragons." He replied happily hugging his little brother.

"Of course its about dragons." He instinctively looked down at Moon, who had put his hood up and possibly already drifted to sleep. Soon though he wrapped his cape that was tattered and torn around the two, from all the fights they had had.

Nightmare looked at it puzzled, wondering why it was indeed so destroyed. He could barely make out the sun that seemed to off been washed away. It seemed as though it had been through so much. But that was soon moved from his mind as he saw how happy Dream looked as he snuggled up next to him.

Star hummed for a moment. "Well let me paint you a scene." Star threw some jazz hands and small sparkles began to flow from his hands. "It was dark out. With the occasional twinkle off the stars. The moon was bright and reflecting on the nearby river, that flowed around the small cave where a family of four dragons lay sleeping peacefully."

"Is that us four?" Nightmare asked. Dream now leaning on his shoulder, and Nightmare leaning his head on Dream's.

Star nodded. "Shush. I must continue the story." Star waved his hand once more. The two smaller one's nodded. "Right. So the smaller of the two dragons." He thought for a moment for two names, since Star and Moon were already taken. "Dawn and Dusk." He clicked his fingers after coming up with the names.

"Those are pretty names!" Dream exclaimed, giggling happily.

"I know. I came up with them." Star also giggled a little. "Right. Dawn and Dusk woke up late at night. The forest tree's looming other them. This scared Dawn, as he was always a bit fearful. Dusk on the other hand found the dark tree's at night to be oddly entrancing. With the way how the leaves gently swayed during the midnight breeze, creating a gateway into the starry night sky. The two dragon's soon made their way off onto one of the mountains that slumbered nearby. Looking up at the clouds and naming some of the clouds they saw stroll on by." Star soon found himself cutting the story short.

Seeing as though the two boys had fallen asleep quicker than he thought. Star only shrugged a smile fading from his mouth as he jumped down from the tree, sitting on the grass next to Moon.

Moon was tapping his foot on the grass. "You suck at telling stories."

Star rolled his eyes at the passing comment. "Well let's so you do better next time."

"You dare challenge me brother." Moon cocked his head to glare. "Cause I promise you will lose."

"Fine. You haven't said a story in years anyway." Star shook his head looking away, crossing his arms and bringing his knees to his chest.

Moon scoffed. "And you have? Your story was utter poo."

"Why didn't you swear?" Star asked.

"Because, dear brother. There are children up in the tree. And despite being a destroyer of worlds, recruiter of murders, I care about children's innocence. It's one of the few things I still care about." Moon replied looking up at the stars.

Star smirked happily, feeling slightly relived by the answer. But of course he already knew why Nightmare replied by that. He hummed for a moment. "Do you miss your team?"

"What's with all the questions?" Moon dropped his shoulders. "I'm gonna start asking you questions if you don't shut up." Moon replied aggressively, crossing his arms in annoyance.

"I'm just curious." Star mumbled, shutting his eyes.

"Do you miss your team?" Moon inquired, shutting his only eye that wasn't covered by his mop of hair.

"No. Honestly I don't." Star answered, seeming to be spitting fire. "I miss Blue a little though. He's a good person and doesn't deserve what's happened to him."

"I was not expecting you to answer with that." Moon muttered slightly awkward from the answer. "I was expecting more like 'Oh brother, jee wiz I do miss my teammates.'"

Star rolled his eyes. "Of course you thought that." He shut his eyes once more. "Any way, goodnight."

"Night goof ball." Moon grabbed the strings of his hoodie and pulled them shut. The two now adults soon fell asleep rather quickly as well. 

=======================

Hope you guys like this chapter :3