Chapter 16

The sun didn't come up the next morning. Dark horrible grey clouds had covered the sun, from its glorious rays. The slight sound of rain could be heard past the Tree Of Feelings. Though that didn't dim the mood for Nightmare and Dream for their inquisitive nature. Especially now since Cross was apart of the 'Family' as the village called them.

Cross was stood on the hill to the Tree of Feelings with the two small guardians dangling on his arms. The two guardians laughing and giggling and were honestly surprised that Cross could hold both of them and Cross was surprised how light the two boys weighed. Cross wondered if he would then have to go into the village to get his daily amount of chocolate.

Star and Moon were wandering on the outskirts of the village, making sure that there was no sign of Ink. He was a threat now. Despite having the purpose of protecting 'creations'. It seems Ink has gotten bored and has decided to mess with another timeline.

Of course, Star was ready to beat the utter crap out of the other. Who wouldn't though?

Having Cross around made it easier.

"Anything on your end?" Star asked, voice dull and unamused.

"Trees." Moon raised a brow.

"I can see that." Star retorted, pulling the string on his bow back. He had to make a whole new bow, since his powers didn't work. He pulled the string and fired an hour up towards the sky.

Moon just sighed. "Why on earth would you do that?! Save your arrows!"

Star rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Well he's out there I just know it." He stared up at the sky.

"Wow Dream. You're really on point. Or should I well say Star?" Star grabbed an arrow in his hands and saw as the points dug into the bones of Ink.

"You should say Star." He spat.

Moon blinked in surprise. How would Star of been able to sense Ink? They don't have the ability to sense aura anymore. Moon upon closer inspection noticed that Star's eyes were getting glossed other in red. Also having a firm grip on the arrows.

Star and Ink stared at one another. The tension so thick you could cut it with a knife. Ink's face was plastered with a smirk. The sound of large thudding. Moon noted that it sounded as though a large force was coming along. Well galloping along.

Star had then pinned Ink to the ground. "What are you planning?!" He hissed.

"Well if you won't stay with me to you know, not let me waist my vials." Ink sinked into the floor a puddle of ink. Stamping his foot on Star's back. "Also, your useless now. No positive aura for me. No good." Ink continued eyeing Moon who was now coming at him.

Moon grabbed Ink and threw him other his shoulder to the ground. Ink quickly dodged an incoming punch from Moon. Star got up and his eyes widened in alarm.

"Moon, quick we need to run. Get to the village!" Star grabbed Moon's jacket and yanked him off of Ink. Star shoved Moon quickly. "Go!"

Moon looked past Star. "Oh shit. Ink you're dead." Moon threatened.

"Running away? Fair." Ink knew just how to get the two brothers annoyed.

Moon rolled up his sleeve as Star just continued, running towards the village. He had to get there in time. Moon was gonna Ink a quick thrashing and be back soon.

Meanwhile,

Cross was walking around with Dream and Nightmare in tow.

"I cant wait to try chocolate." Dream giggled enthusiastically.

Nightmare nodded with the same amount of enthusiasm. "Mr Cross. How much chocolate do you have a day?"

"Too much." Cross answered awkwardly.

Nightmare and Dream smiled widely. "Does that mean we can have a lot!" They exclaimed.

Cross shook his head. "Nope because it's all mine." Cross ruffled up the boys hair.

"Awww" The boys looked down at the ground unhappy.

"But I will share." Cross assured, feeling bad about their disappointed faces. "So don't worry."

Dream's eyes went to stars. "Thank you Mr Cross. I bet chocolate is really sweet and tasty and good. Like strawberries!"

"Ew. You like strawberries." Cross raised a brow.

Dream and Nightmare gasped. "STRAWBERRIES ARE DELICOUS!" They exclaimed.

"Oi shut up you freak!" A random village yelled at Nightmare.

"You shut up! Or I'll!" Cross summoned his knife. Scaring the villager away, as they grabbed their basket of plants and quickly scurried off.

Nightmare looked up at Cross, as Cross posed smugly with his large knife. "Thank you Cross." Nightmare mumbled a quick thank you.

"Aw its no problem Nightmare. I promised Moon and Star that I would look after you two." Cross said, but as his sentence went on the ground continued to rumble. "What on earth is going on?" He questioned.

Someone screamed out about a stampede of horses began going through the narrow streets. Cross had picked up Dream and Nightmare, before tucking them away into a small alleyway. Nightmare felt Dream grab hold off his shirt.

"It's okay Nightmare." Dream mumbled as he buried his face in Nightmares shirt.

"It's okay Dream, since you're clearly more scared." Nightmare mumbled a little more at the end.

A man on a white and black horse stood in the middle of the town centre. "Now. Who's going to tell me where the guardian of positivity is?"