Chapter 17 - Knights

A man on a white and black horse stood in the middle of the town centre. "Now. Who's going to tell me where the guardian of positivity is?" He jumped off, holding his knights helmet in his arms.

"Why do you need to know?" Cross spoke up. He was hiding the two small guardians behind him.

The knight put a hand threw his hair, "Our Kingdoms having a celebration and we would like to invite him. In order to put on a show."

"Hire a magician then."

A few snickers could be heard. However, the army of knights didn't look to impressed.

"And who do you think you are?" The knight raised a brow.

Cross folded his arms. "A fellow knight."

A few 'oo's' and 'ahs' were heard.

"Oh really now? Which kingdom?"

Cross paused for a moment "Not really a kingdom. Well it was destroyed." He feels two hands grab onto the bottom of his coat. He turns his head to look at the two boys, he gives them a soft smile.

The knight shook his head. Though he was there for a reason, not to have a chat with Cross. "Either way. I am not here to talk to you. Where is the guardian of positivity?" The knight turned to the villagers.

Nightmare peered past Cross to look at the knight. Dream wanted to look to... but Nightmare had given him a stare, making Drew sink back. Nightmare was a little bit frightful as he saw how many knights were there for his brother. At least Cross was there to defend them... Cross seemed capable...

None of the villagers spoke up, they didn't want their ray of happiness to leave... especially since these knights would probably take their sunshine with force, if they told the knights.

Nightmare soon got an idea. As he stood up next to Cross. "Hello, mister. I'm Dream the guardian of positivity, how can I help you?" Nightmare put on his happy go lucky voice. Sounding a lot like his brother...

"We would like to escort you to our kingdom, for a celebration." The knight continued.

The villagers were practically smiling. They could get rid of that stupid Nightmare kid! Be happy all to their selves. No more bad feelings, no more worries-

"No sorry." Nightmare continued. "I appreciate the invitation. But I'm going to have to decline."

The knight and the villagers were both stunned... even Cross was.

"Our kingdom will take good care of you." The knight continued to try and persuade the young boy.

Nightmare shook his head. "I have a duty to guard the Tree Of Feelings."

The knight approached Nightmare. Cross backing a little, so Dream was still behind him

"Please. Our Kingdom would greatly appreciate it."

"... no sorry..." Nightmare looked away, feeling intimidated by how the knight loomed other him.

The knight had then grabbed Nightmares arm. "We insist." He hissed.

"Please let go..." Nightmare was trying to pry his arm free.

Cross pretty much smacked the back of the knights head, grabbing the back of his collar.

"Nighty." Dream had taken Nightmares hand. Giving his big brother a hug.

Cross was now dragging the knight away. "You heard him. He isn't going."

However a shadow soon passed by. "Aww really? What a party pooper you are C..." Ink was sat up on a roof. Just above where Dream and Nightmare were.

"Ink." Cross glared up at him.

Ink rolled his eyes. "Sure you don't want to come kid? It'll be fun... and a lot easier." He mutters the last part to himself.

"No thank you, I'm okay." Nightmare replied, holding Dream's hand.

"I wasn't asking you?" Ink raised a brow. Looking other at the knights. "You know that's not the right kid right?"

The knights all shook their heads.

Ink sighs. "Should have done your research beforehand." He face palmed. "The blonde ones the guardian of positivity."

"Oh." The knights went.

"That blonde one?" A knight didn't point at Dream. But instead Star... who wasn't looking to happy.

Moon had gone round the back of the village. Surprisingly able to sense the boys aura... he wondered how he was able to do that. Was it because he was just genuinely able to get energy from the apples...?

That wasn't important at the moment.

"Are you two okay?" He saw Dream and Nightmare jump in surprise. Moon looks up at where Ink was. Ink had his legs crossed watching... luckily not them. "Right c'mon. We gotta go." Moon took his eyes off Ink.

Nightmare pushed Dream ahead of him. Moon gave Dream his hand. "Okay, start going down there." He points down the alleyway. "Whatever you do don't go to the tree."

Dream nods his head before wandering off down there. It was oddly dark down the alleyway.

"You heard right?" Moon says to Nightmare, looking back at where Ink... oh sugar Ink wasn't there anymore. But Nightmare nods his head in agreement.

"Dream!" He whisper shouts. Dream couldn't be seen. "Dream?" Nightmare runs down the alleyway.

Moon tries to figure out where Ink went. With no emotions, meant no aura. Moon couldn't track him that way. Though he soon saw a huge blast of 'light' come from his brothers hand. The village was engulfed by the blinding light. Though it wasn't magic.

Star was busy now, with people blinded and him being the only one able to see. He had to work fast. First priority is getting Cross to leave with Moon. He spots Cross grabs his arm and throws him towards where Moon was.

"Go help Moon." He states, next priority. Locating that stupid ink blob.

Cross only vaguely hears it as he and Moon crash into one another. Moon stands up, bringing Cross up with him. Before then went down the alleyway too. Seeing both Dream and Nightmare down the end, turns out Dream gets far too frightened in the dark by himself.

Once they were out of the village Moon picked up Dream and put him on his shoulders. "Right we need to go somewhere else for now." The suns setting.

"What about the Tree of Feelings?" Nightmare questions looking at the tree. Up on the hill.

"It'll be fine. Trust me. That tree can only really be destroyed by the apples themselves." Moon states, hearing Dream yawn.

Cross turns towards the town. "What about Dre- I mean Star?" He quickly corrects himself.

Moon shrugs. "He'll be fine. I'm learning that he's far more independent than we thought." Moon soon feels Dream slip onto his back, so he instead gives him a piggy bank ride.

Nightmare seems frozen. He's frightened to leave the tree for the night. Will their Mum get lonely? Without them...

"Hey are you okay?" Cross asks, crouching a little.

"Why are we leaving?" Nightmare turns to look at him. Nightmare's eyes were slightly glossed other.

Cross thinks of an excuse. "Just until those knights go away."

Nightmare nods, following behind Moon and his now sleeping brother. Cross pauses. He just hoped that Star would be okay...

==============

Hope you enjoyed this chapter ^^

Thank you for reading, have a wonderful day/night