33| THIRTY THREE| 삼십삼

Some of the scenes of this chapters are with reference to the chapter thirteen, especially the beginnings of her recognising people.

ERIN

I woke up to the burning fire, clawing angrily over my throat, jerking my body into motion, eyes wide as, I stumbled over my own steps, mindlessly looking around, searching for the bathroom, darkness looming around the room leaving me panicked, as I covered my mouth, a metal clanking like sound, ringing loudly in my head, my stomach churning, before I yanked the door open, not caring where I even walked, hunching over the sink, as my stomach began to empty itself, pained gasps leaving me.

At the sight of white salivary substance, which scratched my throat mercilessly, holding myself against the counter, I tried to breathe, in whimpers leaving me, tears running down my face, as I held my head, the ground beneath me, shaking, the surroundings blurry, dark spots appearing randomly in my vision, the rotten taste over my tongue, pushing me into action, my head throbbing in pain, like never before, my heart sinking as if something wrong was to happen.

Supporting myself, I slowly rinsed my face, the cold water pricking my burning skin, Not again! Clenching my eyes shut, I continued to gargle, trying to get rid of the taste, lingering in my mouth, loud distant wails ringing in my head, looking up a gasp left me.

My own reflection unknown me, my slightly tanned skin sickly pale, similar to a person on death bead for months, my body seeming weak, as I struggled to stand still, dark locks tied messily in a braid, the shine gone, dark bags under my eyes unknown, caressing my face, I whimpered, my head hammered in pain, as I tried to think what happened, gazing at myself, I noticed the similar surroundings, I'm back, back in their territory, When- I winced, falling to my knees.

Pain blooming in my chest, like a rose, petal by petal, the hurt traveling over my skin like a snake, engulfing me in its hold "Ah!"

'How much you've hated me? That it came to this?'

Gasping I blinked my eyes open, my skin burning, the words loud in my ears making me look around, for help, my mouth opening, only to let out helpless cries, gasping I lowered my head my hands shaking in pain.

'N-never before you seemed so stupid'

Hissing in pain I held my head in my hand, vision hazy with the surroundings slowly turning less and less clear, the pain in my head increasing with the voice echoing deep in my consciousness, the voice and its pain, seeming my own as it held my hand, calling me where it stood, dead filling me, at the the voices, loud and wicked noises, hefty over my pained head, the ache increasing, with the increase in volume, the illusions suddenly all seeming too real.

As I now stood over grounds drowning in red, my heart sinking at the smell of iron, seeping beneath my own skin, the loud cries of pain, and fear, embedding themselves deep into my soul, as I watched my nightmares coming to life, the ground breathing blood, blood of innocent, the unknown men cried fighting the dark figures, trying to save themselves, women ran with their children in their arms, as death slaughtered them mercilessly.

My body shaking in fear, same actions reoccurring like a malfunctioning tape, rewinding itself over and over again, the agony hovering in the air, chocking me, tears rolling down my cheeks, as I stood frozen in my place unable to move an inch, dread pulsating in my veins.

And then I was on my knees, blood oozing out of wounds which covered my body, something breaking inside my, my heart blooming with, hurt, hurt which was not the same as before, as if something was breaking, my life was slipping past my fingers, as sand, my eyes over the known figure, as pained gasps left me, watched him, after being horrified of the nightmare for so long, I finally saw him, the life draining out of me as I recognised him.