37 | THIRTY SEVEN |삼십칠

I'd highly recommend listening to 'Your eyes tell' while reading this one.

"Danshin!-" she muttered, her voice firm yet her eyes uncertain, brimming with emotions and tears, heartbeats loud, looking at her betrayed expression, I gulped, a knot forming in my gut, the words stuck in my throat useless, the women behind me, and our disheveled situation giving her all I wanted to counter.

I didn't really know why, when and how we moved this forward, now after thinking I didn't even know, who this woman was, my thoughts not able to run miles as she looked at us, her expression of hurt and betrayal, far from anger, it was pain, scoffing at something, she met my eyes.

"I wanted it so badly that I ruined it for myself, overthinking, fantasizing, imagining, procrastinating, all in all expecting, not letting it naturally evolve-" closing her eyes she mumbled "I expected big and cried because none of it was real-"

Her words made me feel lost "I told you, didn't I Danshin?-" she smiled, as I gazed back at her, "I never had the chance to be soft, I'm nothing but broken knuckles, and bloodied shards of glass, told you I was raised to be a weapon-" feeling suffocated, I looked away, "Yet I tried to be what you could accept, and in the prosses I kind of forgot, that treating spear as canes, won't change what it is-"

"A murderous object" she smiled, a lonely tear cascading down her cheeks, my eyes wide as since I knew her this was the first tear, she had ever shed in front of me, my heart throbbing in pain as I watched her.

"You were so off hook that you missed the monster beneath, I'm nothing but fire, and I wasn't taught how to bring warmth, all I know of is destruction, and you've made me believe that's all I need to know-"

Running along with my warriors, I barked orders, reminding them of our task, 'Alpha we discovered the area-' Nodding at my beta, I slowed down, reaching the desired destination, my eyes keen over the warlock.

Standing over the plain yet deserted grounds of war, the known figure of warlock, seemed to be tracing the area, his eyes glowing crimson, as he mumbled inaudible words, ruby Aura hovering over the area, halting, he pointed over a particular area, at the command, his lower wings, began to channelize their aura's pushing the adequate amount of magic over the ground, within minutes creating an impressive carving in the ground.

Watching me walking towards himself, the warlock bowed, 'Where is it?' nodding I asked, raising his arms in front of me, he gestured towards the base of the now hollow ground, peeking in the cavity, I spotted the desired object, it's surface all drowned in the brown of land, taking a breath of relief, I nodded at them , gesturing them to continue their work, I knew that we finally were reaching the end of this happy story.

Staring at the empty blue sky, I sighed, my gaze wandering back to my arms, which now were painted by the intricate linings of gold, foreign patterns carved over my skin, since the day I touched her, her unintentional, claim engraved over me, for this life, shaking my head, I gazed back at the ground and the magical weapon of ours.

It'll end soon.

'Did you really think we would be stupid enough to fall for you? and let our own kind suffer?' I snarled at her, who kneeled in front of me, watching me blankly, blood painted viciously over her, once spotless face, the gold linings splattered over her neck, bleeding out crimson, the glimmer dying with each life withering in the hands of my warrior. 'Just because someone loved moon without a care, you became superior to us? Never! power belongs to them who earn it, we'll get rid of you for ever, this will mark the end of you and your kind!'