40| FOURTY|사십

SEO-JOON

"I d-didn't say I-I was the Phoenix h-how did you k-know?" a smile crept over my lips at her words, an extremely pained smile, something within me slowly slipping away as I knew where this was heading, hiding more and more wasn't worth it anymore.

"We've been looking for you for a while now" closing my eyes as Hyung stepped in, I took a breath of relief, I couldn't have done it all by myself, "We've been walking in the darkness searching for you, for what seems like eternities now, how foolish was it to not see it even when everything said otherwise"

"H-how long?" she asked, the pearly orbs of her shining with confusion and pain, as she tried to keep herself grounded through all the things being shot at her.

Leaning against the couch behind me, he stared at the distance, his consciousness somewhere far away, as he began, "We've known for a while, and your mates too know now probably, we've known your identity since you saved our Beta female's life, not only her you saved their baby too, back then you didn't remember doing anything and we realized that you haven't awaken your powers then, so we couldn't do anything"

The silence following after his words, filled the emptiness of the room, her brain without a doubt trying to remember the incident and yet failing, the awakening still new to her, "W-What do y-you need me for?"

Sighing at her words Hyung looked at me, and I knew what his look meant, to me it wasn't acceptable, I wasn't ready to let anyone near her, I just couldn't, yet as I watched Erin, I was able to see that non-existent hope, which kept me alive, gulping my despair down I reluctantly nodded, and he straightened up.

"We better show you" following after his words Sung-Ho went ahead supporting her, the girl weak and still in shock to the things, the ground beneath unnaturally sinking with each step that we took ahead, or probably it was my heart sinking, the possibilities of this not working out, or me losing my baby forever eating me alive.

Standing in front of the pale oak door, the deathly familiar door, my heart almost stopped like it, seemed to do every day, her voice still loud and clear in my ears, as we stepped in, to the beautifully decorated room of my Queen, the fuchsia walls which once seemed alive, now appearing dull sullen as if grieving, with each step to the bed where she laid, behind the walls of translucent curtains, wrapped in between the layers and layers of satin and sheets.

Her once lively face devoid of color, the earthly dark locks now lacking life, dry frail as the autumn leaves, her hands bony lacking strength, and with one look at her, Erin gasped her eyes wide, as if watching something unbelievable, "S-she, I've seen her before, I-I-"

Struck by lightning of her words three of us stood frozen in our places, shook beyond belief, "Y-Yes you did, I know" Sung-Ho replied still a bit shaken, referring to the time, when she saw glimpse of her in here, however the shaking of her head and utter disbelieve settled deep into those whites of her orbs, said otherwise.

"S-she's been a-appearing in my dreams, for a-a long time, I-I've seen her t-there" stuttering shaking in her place she let out, the tremble settled in her bones, making me breathless, "J-Jin-Ae"

Feeling my knees give out at the mention of her name, I felt life leaving me, she's been appearing in her dreams? Not ours, not mine, am I that disgusting Moon? You've taken everything not even sparing me a fragment? "D-Did she ever said something? N-No, H-How-"

Looking at me, she went quiet something going in that head of hers, before she smiled at me a bit, the smile, sympathetic, "S-she was happy, s-she seemed to be l-looking out for her mates, h-happily, you're her mate's, aren't you?" the look on her face, and words acted like the rain in a burning hot day, "W-What's gone k-Keeps on hurting y-you couldn't help it, w-who would u-understand better t-than me, but I-I think I-It should make y-you happy t-that she s-seemed happy."