Chapter 11

After our last contact with citizen Z, he told us about the CIA black site. After searching we found the entrance and we're currently looking for Chester. To bad he won't exactly be there. All of us or the ones who could, had our weapons drawn in case a Z happened to have gotten out of one of the rooms. Walking around Murphy bumped into something on a pipe making it clatter to the ground. "Goddamnit Murphy! Can't you keep quiet once?" I asked. "Well excuse me for bumping into something in this tight walkway." Murphy smarted off to me. "I love you, but I'm ready to whoop your ass." I said going toward Murphy making him cower away before Warren held her hand up. "Come on guys! Your just hangry. Once we get to Chester we can get some food and not be on edge." Warren said. We continued on until we saw a light flash making us stop and put our weapons up. Darren who was helping Amelia sat her back away from the potential threat. "Hold it right there." Warren said to the people. Mack flashed his light into Murphy's eyes making him hiss in pain. "Oh, it's the damn wonder twins." Murphy said making us chuckle. "Guys." Warren said. "What? The wonder..." Doc said before Addy interrupted. We all hugged and greeted each other. I looked to Addy and ran to her. "Oh god, I've missed you two. Between Murphy and Doc I thought I was gonna die." I said making Addy laugh. Addy then went to Doc. "Never. I mean never, ever, in a million years, truly did I think I'd ever see you guys again." Doc said hugging Addy and Mack.

"Citizen Z send you guys?" Mack asked. "Yeah. He told us there was food and somebody named Chester who could help us out." Cass said. "Yeah, he told us that too. We're starting to have our doubts." Mack said. "Ok, well he should be, you know what, right down there. Let's hit it." Warren said making us move out. Darren then went to Amelia and lifted her up a little. "Hey, hey. Who is that and what happened to her?" Mack asked. "Oh, that's Amelia we picked her up from South Dakota." I said. "She got caught on a piece of barbed wire. Now it's all infected." Doc finished before we continued on to Chester. Walking down the hall Warren stopped us at a door before knocking. Warren then opened it with her gun raised. "Hello!" Warren called out. "Well I guess we found Chester." Addy said walking up to Chester's corpse. "Hello Chester." Addy said before taking her bat and beating the shit out of Chester's head.

"Somebody got up in the wrong side of the apocalypse." Murphy said as we all watched as Chester's brain flew everywhere. After a minute of most of us being shocked we finally snapped out of it. Warren then walked over to Mack. "What happened to you guys out there?" Warren asked. "She's working out some stuff. You know how things can catch up with you." Mack said before we heard citizen Z. "Chester? You got them yet? You got my team? Hello? Anyone?" Citizen Z called out. We made our way to a room that the voice of citizen Z was coming from. Once entering there was a bed like thing for someone to lay on and a monitor. On the monitor was citizen Z himself. "Warren ? Addy, it's... Hey, hey, hey! Up here! It's your old pal, citizen Z. Oh, it's everyone. Hi, everyone. Hi! Addy, looking gorgeous as always." Citizen Z said before I began to drowned him out thinking about future events. Once I focused back in it was only Addy, Mack, and I. "Oh, like waterboarding, zero dark thirty, black site?" Mack asked. "Yeah, I kinda thought it would be obvious from what Chester told me. So where is the old crackpot anyway?" Citizen Z asked. Mack shook his head to the monitor. "Oh man. Bummer." Citizen Z said before Mack and Addy left. "Hey Citizen Z, you might want to tone down the Addy crush. Mack is very protective of her and I don't want things to get fucked up." I said resulting in him nodding his head. I then left after the group to the food storage. Once we stocked up on food and water we left the underground facility. Once out we began to search for a working car. After a couple of tries one of the black SUVs came to life. We all piled up and made our way west again.
—————Time skip—————

We were sitting in the SUV after passing by Salt Lake City in Utah. In the front seat Murphy was eating a can of tuna making the smell waft everywhere causing our faces to turn into a snarl of disgust. Murphy began to lick his fingers before burping up a putrid smell. Doc groaned in disgust before looking out the window. "Who, Warren. Slow up here, will ya?" Doc asked making Warren slow the car. "It's just a kid." Cass said looking at the half eaten zombie of one of the kids from sisters of mercy. "That is not a kid. It's zombie road kill." Murphy said. "Dickhead." I whispered making Darren chuckle. Driving a little down the road 10k hit the top of the SUV. "Ten o'clock." 10k said. "Another kid." Luke said. "Not anymore." Murphy butted in. "Stop. Warren , stop. It's just a boy. Stop." Addy said making Warren stop the vehicle. Addy then got out of the vehicle with her bat and began to walk to the Z. Once right at it Addy gasped and stopped. Once the Z got closer Mack yelled out. "Addy!" Making her snap out of it and hit the Z in the head. Warren then got out of the vehicle and approached Addy. "We need to talk once we find somewhere to stop." I heard Darren say to me. I looked up I him. "Ok, is something wrong?" I asked with a furrowed brow. "Nothing that you need to worry about right now." Darren said. "Fine!" Addy yelled before opening the door and getting into the car aggressively. Warren followed after and we quickly made our way on.