Chapter 17

In Wisconsin, the group and I was running from a horde of Zs. "Wisconsin Cheese Day Parade?" 10k said questioningly while reading a banner. "O-ho-ho you betcha!" Addy chuckled as she helped Serena run. Behind us, a group of zombies dressed very questionably began growling louder.

"Hey. I thought you could control these things." Vasquez said as he ran past Murphy and Amelia. "Not that many. And not for you." Murphy said as he briskly walked. Just then a clown zombie began honking its toy horn. "God, I hate clowns." I muttered as I ran. "Don't we all." Darren said from next to me.

We passed by a huge wheel of cheese making Doc stop. "Whoa, wait a minute. Is that cheese?" Doc said turning to the wheel. "No way! The world's biggest wheel of cheese!" 10k said as Serena bent over to puke with Addy holding her hair and petting her back. "It's not real, Doc. Come on! We got to go! Puppies and kittens!" Warren shouted. "No, it is real!" I shouted while cutting a huge chunk of cheese off.

"Hey. Hey, come on. Let's go. We got to move." Vasquez said running to us. "Hey, let's go." Warren said doubling back. "She's not moving." Addy said as I took a bite of cheese offering some to 10k and Darren. As we sat there waiting for Serena to stop vomiting the Zs began to catch up to us. "Got an idea. Out of my way, Doc. I need that cheese." Warren said advancing to me and Doc.

"Wait!" I said before cutting a bigger piece of cheese off and wrapping it in a cloth from my bag. "Oh, come on, Warren. Can't a man eat a giant cheese wheel in peace?" Doc said. "No. Remember Philly?" Warren said. "Oh, no. Are you thinking what I think you're thinking?" Doc said excited. "She is!" I said with a smile. "Oh, no, no, no, no, no." Murphy said.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes, ok." Addy said as she, Cass, Warren, and I moved the block holding the cheese. "Way to be my girls." Warren said with a smile. "What happened in Philly?" Vasquez, Luke, and Darren asked. "You'll see." 10k answered. Addy and I got the block moved while Cass and Warren held the cheese steady. "You ready?" Warren asked as Addy and I ran to help push the cheese. "One, two, three!" I said as we pushed the cheese. The cheese wheel began to roll down the hill taking out a line of zombies while gaining momentum.

"Damn!" Vasquez said. "Yeah, that's what happened in Philly... but with the liberty bell." I smiled at the guys. "How long do you think it'll go?" 10k asked as he wrapped an arm around Cass's shoulder. "Could go a while." Cass answered while looking up at him. I looked at Warren and Doc with a smirk on my face. Doc so owes me food, I thought. "I'm pretty sure it's all downhill from here to the Mississippi." Warren said panting.

"Now it's time to go. If anybody asks..." I said. "We were nowhere near Wisconsin." Everyone finished.

———————————————————
"Rollin', rollin', rollin'. Keep that cheese a-rollin'." Doc sang as we drove down the road. "Warren we need to pull over." Addy interrupted. Warren pulled the car over before Addy and Serena jumped out. Serena ran to the side of the road to vomit while Addy helped her.

"Well, aren't you gonna at least talk to her?" I asked Murphy as he, Doc, and I stood at the side of the car. "Come on, Murphy. She don't bite." Doc said. "We all know that's not true." Murphy said huffing making me and Doc look at each other grossed out. Then Serena stopped and turned to us before waving at Murphy, before puking her guts out again.

Darren came beside of me and tapped my shoulder. "We never were able to have that conversation since the Sisters of Mercy." He said smiling. "No, no we didn't." I smiled back. "She wants you." Addy said walking up interrupting Darren and I.

"So?" Murphy said. "So, stop being an asshole deadbeat and help your baby momma. It takes two to tango." I said getting aggravated with Murphy before shoving him in Serena's direction. "Play nice!" Doc said. Murphy went over to her and began talking to her. After a few minutes Serena was able to stand up and walk to the car, but not ready to get into said car.