Chapter 18

The group and I had made it to Springfield, Illinois. We were currently fighting Zs left and right protecting the baby. It appeared to be a Z magnet, probably cause of Murphy. Doc and I were back to back taking on Zs next to a school bus. "Come on!" Doc shouted as he took another Z down. "That's all you got!" I yelled as I sliced a head in half.

"Doc! Ellie!" I heard Murphy yelling. I looked over to see a crowd of Zs heading toward him and the baby. I quickly dropped my machete and held my hands up. Murphy threw the baby to me over the Zs. I caught Lucy and ran to the bus. "Doc! I need you as back up, and grab my machete!" I yelled. "Aye aye, Cap!" Doc yelled back before appearing with my machete.

I ran up the stairs only to dead stop. "Move Ellie!" Doc yelled running behind me. He to stopped when he looked up. "Holy acid flashback, man." Doc said before the Abraham Lincoln Zs began to move. "This is taking me back to Mount Rushmore. Back up very slowly."" I whispered. We began to inch back but we're stopped by Zs from outside. "Oh shit!" Doc said. "Grab my knife." I said still holding Lucy. Doc grabbed it off my side and began to pike Zs, while I held my machete up taking on the presidents. "Guys! We need help!" Doc yelled out. The group quickly came to our aid taking the Zs out on the outside.

"Addy! Hot potato!" I yelled making her drip her bat. I tossed her Lucy before grabbing her bat. I stayed in front of Addy taking out the approaching Zs. It wasn't long that all the Zs were down around us. "This is so wrong." Doc said as he grabbed a hat and put it on his head. "Yep, but you look good in a top hat." I smiled as I held Lucy. "Oh, aren't you just the cutest blue baby I've ever seen." I cooed. "She's the only blue baby you've seen." 10k said. "Haha." I laughed sarcastically before Murphy ran around the bus to me.

"I'll take her now." Murphy whispered. "I thought you didn't like babies." Warren said. "I never said that. I said I didn't like that baby. But she's daddy's precious little angel, aren't you?" Murphy cooed at Lucy.

—————————————————-

We had made it to the woods and walking to find camp. "I can't believe people used to wear these. I mean they're cool and all. But what's the point?" Doc asked as he, Addy, and I walked through the woods. "Storage." Addy said. "Can you imagine sitting in a theater behind someone wearing that? No wonder they shot Lincoln." Murphy said chuckling. Doc and I both looked at him with a disappointed face. "What, too soon?" Murphy asked. "Yes, darling." Serena laughed from next to him.

"How's little Lucy?" I asked looking in serenas arms. "She's finished all her sugar water like a good little girl." Serena cooed as she traced Lucy's cheeks making her giggle. Then Lucy yawned and let out a fart. "That's my little stinker." Murphy laughed. "Whooo! Rank!" I joked smiling down at Lucy. Doc fanned his face. "Have you smelled yourself lately? Please. Come on. Let's get away from the big bad man." Murphy said taking Lucy to change her.

"Hey. Is anyone else worried about the baby?" Doc asked as we approached the group. "I'm not, she's perfectly healthy and everything checks out from what I can tell. The only concerning thing is her handle on the Zs. But with time and practice she'll be able to control them better and stop sending them on rampages with her cries." I said. "She could be the savior of humanity or the queen of destruction. We need to find out which." Warren said. "Now, wait just a minute. She's a baby, right now she had no control of her powers. But once she gets older we can teach her and point her in the right directions. Also that would piss Murphy off hardcore." I said.

"Ellie's right. We can't just go after a baby. That's wrong, we can help guide her through this." Addy said standing up for me. "Fine, but if this goes wrong it'll be on you." Warren said. I nodded and went over to Murphy. "How is she?" I asked. "She's doing good. Wanna hold her?" Murphy asked. "Can I?" I whispered. He didn't respond just held her out to me. "Hi little LuLu. I'm your aunty Ellie. I'm kinda like you, and I'm gonna help you and your dad with your Z powers." I whispered before looking up at Murphy.