Chapter 15

After getting out of Cheyenne we traveled as far as the van took us before breaking down. We were now on foot in blaster territory. "We are going the wrong way. Again." Murphy complained. "You left us no choice. Too much fallout in the west." Warren said. "Again. That was not my fault." Murphy said. "We know Murphy." Doc said. "How do you even know California's still there?" Murphy asked. "Your looking ripe. You better hope it's still there. Move." Vasquez said pushing Murphy. "You are not the boss of me. They are." Murphy said nodding his head to me and Warren. "I've got this." I said nudging Vasquez back. "Move. Now." I said still very pissed at him. "Gladly." Murphy said before walking away. We followed after with Amelia still terrible. As we looked at a wreck Amelia became worse. "We have to say our goodbyes." I said as Amelia coughed up blood. We then took Amelia into the woods behind us and said our goodbyes. Murphy was the last to say goodbye before we went back to watch the wreck.

As we watched we saw a train wagon of cars headed down. "What is that, a post apocalyptic train wagon?" Doc asked. "Looks like it." I said. "Let's help them." Addy said. "Thinks less like a missionary and more like a mercenary. Let's wait and steal the vehicles from the victor." Vasquez said. "We may not be able to save the world. But maybe we can save them. 10k and Vasquez, that way. Addy, and Doc you're with me. Ellie stay here and watch Murphy." Warren said. Everyone left to there places while I stayed behind. Murphy then came up to me.

"Ellie. I'm sorry, but please forgive me." Murphy said. "Fuck off." I said. "I didn't do anything!" Murphy said. "You left me to die, you almost let Doc die, and you did kill Mack. You caused so much pain that will never be repaired." I said. "I'm-." Murphy said before I cut him off. "Just shut it." I said turn away to see the group finish off the bandits.

As I watched Warren shoot one of the last bandits I began to get a splitting head ache. "Ow!" I said as I grabbed my head. I then looked to Murphy to see him reacting as well. As I moved my head it the headache would grow then diminish. "Murphy, we need to go." I said before heading toward the 18 wheeler. Murphy stayed back for a minute before following me.

Once we go to the bottom of our vantage point I saw Addy go into the medical wagon and Warren go into there group. "Warren!" I said as I got up to her. "Ellie. Your safe." Warren sighed. "Yeah, all good." I said before someone approached. Vasquez and I grabbed our guns and pointed them at the guy. "Hey, you are one badass lady. You...you...you were like...Boom! Just...stone cold kill-ah." The guy said before he walked away. "Call him wrecking ball, he's my sister's boy. Cheese slid off that cracker a long time ago. But he fits in pretty well these days, though." Custer said. I patted Warren on the shoulder before walking over to Doc and 10k. Doc was eating a can of food. "Where did you get that?" I asked. "Some nice lady just gave it to me." Doc said. "Do you guys want water? Water?" A woman said walking to us. Doc and I shook our head no. "You know you can have soup. You know you just add water." Wrecking ball said. "Cream of shrooms, dude. Water just diluted the flavor." Doc said before licking his fingers. "Have some decency. Sip it like a man." I said to Doc. "Maybe I don't want to be a man." Doc said before frowning in confusion. "I-." Doc said before I cut him off. "Nope, you can't take it back. You said you didn't want to be a man. You are a woman." I said shaking my shoulders. "Oh, is that what women do?" Doc said mimicking me. I laughed at Doc as he almost spilt his food. Before long a man came up to 10k. "Hey, mind helping us tip this car over?" The man asked. "Can I join?" I ask. The man nodded and 10k and I ran to help. As we flipped the car a blaster was running around. 10k and I headed back to the metal doors. As we were about to go inside something caught our attention and my head began to hurt again.

10k and I turned around quickly and aimed. I barely caught a blaster and took a shot. "You see that too?" 10k asked. "Yep." I said as we walked into the little makeshift camp. As I walked toward the group doc and Murphy were talking to wrecking ball. "I mean how badass would that be?" Wrecking ball asked. "Um... supremely badass." Murphy said as I joined there group. "Oh he's a badass." Doc said. "I heard he could levitate." I said with a smirk. "Levitation? Now that's badass." Wrecking ball said as we went to the car. "Now if you guys want to levitate, I got what you need. Z weed."