VI

"Right you were busy while messing around with a female staff earlier and I saw you and immediately left.....Oh?!!! Was I not supposed to say it?" Dakota replied innocently with a shocked expression on her face.

Her current expression is that of a innocent girl that do not have the guts to even look at a gun moreover shot someone without batting an eye. If her men sees her acting like this they might cut off their fingers to see if they were seeing the right person.

So smooth?

Desmund stared at Dakota he has never seen someone lies so smoothly as Dakota did, not even himself could reach her level.

"What-" before he could even speak up Dakota covered his mouth with her hands.

"You don't have to explain anything.....I saw everything!" Dakota had a grief expression on her face as if she was truly hurt.

Their parents could only watch as they have never seen their children acted this way and there's only one thing that came in her mind.

They are in love

If Dakota and Desmund could read their thoughts they would have killed each other in the spot.

The party ended with Dakota and Desmund exchanging flattering words with harsh meaning as insults towards each other.

"I have never spoken so much in my life" Dakota caressed her throat as she felt it drying up.

She immediately went straight to her apartment and to change her clothes and drove off to the Kuryuu family's new spot in Sector Cinq.

The Paramount Establishment, the name of the building that Dakota bought just a few days earlier. It has a circular structure which makes it unique compared to the other buildings, it is located on the corner of Hiraeth City which makes it's location a bit secluded and hard to access with multiple securities guarding it.

Her men just moved things and renovated everything as Leto was the one who instructed them.

"The building is in good condition and we just need a few renovations in some parts of the building and a major redecorating" Leto stared at the clean glass windows.

"Someone clean that tiny speck of dust!" he pointed as he put his palm on his face.

What dust? I couldn't even see it

Dakota furrowed her brows as she tries to find the tiny speck of dust Leto intrigue Leto's anger.

"As I was saying Sullivan's protege will come in here tomorrow to reallocate the manufacturing of drugs and Purple Mavis. There are also applicants that wish to join the family here in Sector Cinq and the cargo that contains the guns have arrived" Leto added as both Dakota and him roam around the building.

"Did the cargo contained the guns that I instructed them to build?" Dakota replied.

"Well...since you forcibly took down the whole factory to manufacture guns for us they were a but reluctant to comply with your request"

"They should be grateful I am paying them 20 times their usual income" Dakota added.

"But there is a young man that was able to perfect the design and was eager to join the family, he did convinced his parents to manufacture the gun that you requested but only a in a limited supply since the overall designs are complicated" Leto stated as interest showed in his face, that piqued Dakota's curiosity towards the young man he was referring to.

For Leto to show such interest then surely the young man will be a great asset in the Kuryuu Family

Dakota thought as she lamented the design of the gun.

"So he was the son of the Gane family?" Dakota asked.

The Gane family are famous for their gun manufacturing in Sector Uno, they have been selling guns but not to the Underworld society as they do not want to associate themselves with them even though they could have earn more money.

Dakota forcibly tied them to her family as she was in desperate situation that time,  the decline of their family took away their privilege in the Underworld society that they won't even sell guns to them.

It was a matter of desperation but Dakota knew it did not excuse her actions towards the Gane family, so as much to compensate them she gave them access to the Kuryuu family and protection 24/7.

Even though she was evil there are still standards that what makes her different from other Mafia bosses.

The Kuryuu family was her home than the Kaede family will ever be. Home does not have to be specifically blood related to each other but has respect and strong bond that is hard to be broken.

The members of Kuryuu Family greeted Leto and Dakota as both of them walked towards the endless halls of the building, suddenly a man came running to them.

"Boss!" his panic was written all over his face that caught the attention of the people that is in the building.

"What's with the haste?" Dakota asked looking very serious.

Amidst catching his breath the man took out a gold letter with a crane symbol on it.

"This is from the Tori Family what business do they have with us?" Leto spoke as he stared at the majestic crane symbol.

"They came earlier and dropped this letter off, it personally came from the daughter of their boss. The Tori family is the biggest Mafia in whole Sector Cinq and currently there are struggles in the line of succession and I am afraid they are trying to implicate us" the man added which shocked everyone.

Trying to implicate?

Dakota thought that there is more to the story, she accepted and letter and dismissed the man as she and Leto talked in her office that was just renovated.

"The Tori family has two daughters and a son supposed to be, the son will inherit the Mafia but he is way too young with only at the age of 9 what makes it more complicated is that he is an omega. The daughters, Hairi and Izumi are both in their 20's and both alphas, not only that Hairi and Izumi are highly competent and have been eyeing on the seat" Leto explained to Dakota the situation of The Tori family.

"Izumi is married to the man from the high society and has an alpha child while Hairi is still single and both sisters have been baring fangs to each other. In my opinion Izumi has the upper hand and that is her child, even though Hairi worked her way up to compete with her sister without relying on marriage" Dakota deeply thought.

The only reason that Izumi's child caused her to have the upper hand is that if she suceeds as the family head she has already secured having an heir.

Death is unpredictable in Mafia families, one moment you are sleeping someone might shoot you from a distance and a moment you are just drinking water might have been spiked with a poison.

A death of a Mafia boss can crumble the whole Mafia family without anyone succeeding the position.