XVII

Yui woke up startled as a blanket was covering her while she was comfortably laying on the couch.

She immediately sat up and straightened her clothes and looked around the room only to see Dakota working in her office.

"I...i" Yui was in an awkward situation as she tried to arrange her hair.

"You're awake" Dakota smiled as she stared at Yui who was struggling to comb her hair with her hands.

Dakota placed her pen beside the paper as she stood up and walked towards Yui.

"How long have I been asleep?" Yui asked in a low tone as she stared at Dakota who had her hand on her pocket and the other hand was on the sofa arm as her body was slightly bent over.

Dakota was wearing a black turtle neck, a black pants, and a black long coat making her look very neat yet simple.

Under her pair of black obsidian eyes that was staring at her intently, Yui felt so small yet safe. She could feel a tinge of danger towards Dakota yet a kind of danger that she will willfully ran into to feel safe as she was the kind of danger that will protect her from true dangers lurking out there.

Yui has never met someone like Dakota, it was like she was a paradox, so mysterious and so attractive that no one could resist her presence that arouses curiosity.

Under that cold and cool appearance of her was very gentle with pure sincerity.

"The whole afternoon" Dakota replied as she pushed the strands of hair that was covering Yui's face.

[Ugh....those pieces of hair are bothering me]

Dakota thought inwardly.

Yui blushed with Dakota's action and turned her head away to hide it.

[She didn't like it? I guess I was kind of unrestrained]

Dakota was about to apologize when Yui's stomach growled.

"Pffft" Dakota laughed making Yui more embarrassed.

"It's not funny!" Yui pouted as she looked at Dakota with a glare.

"I get it! Shall we have dinner? My treat" Dakota stood straight as she stretched her hand towards Yui.

It was at that moment when Yui felt a her heart beat slightly increased.

Dakota walking with Yui as they both went out of her office gathered so many attention.

Yui was wearing a white simple off shoulder top that showed her collar bone and long old rose skirt, she looked very attractive yet simple coupled with her beautiful face she indeed stand out with the crowd along with Dakota.

"It's hard to admit...they both look good"
one of the female employee spoke to her boss as her boss looked at her.

Dakota drove her car with Yui towards the Sun Avenue. The place is filled with various shops and a good location for people that wanted to stroll at night as the place is illuminated with multiple street lamps and many people would come and go with the beauty and liveliness of the place.

"I want to go there" Yui grabbed Dakota's hand as she pulled her towards a cafe.

"The cakes here are very delicious and I haven't stopped by in this place for weeks since I am busy" Yui spoke as she stared at the display like a little girl who can't choose what to eat, her eyes were filled with delight and excitement.

Dakota went close with Yui as she slightly bend down and stared at the cakes display.

"Pffft!" Dakota couldn't help but chuckle, she did not expect the female lead to be so excited with cakes.

[No wonder the male lead was crazy with her, she's really a treasure......but no one compares with Kannon]

Dakota thought thinking what cake she should buy.

Upon hearing Dakota's chuckle, Yui turned her head and was surprised to see Dakota so close to her. The slight orange light that was on the glass display illuminated Dakota's face that added charm to her serious and cold expression.

[Come to think of it her face looked so serious and cold everytime she wouldn't smile which make her appear cool and every time she did smile it seems so gentle....it's really attractive]

"Yui.... Yui" Dakota's words woke her from her thoughts as she realized that she was holding Dakota's hand and immediately let go.

"What cake did you chose?" Dakota asked.

"Forests are green....I...i mean..Black Forest and Red velvet" Yui awkwardly laughed as she tries to composed herself.

"Then I'll take the matcha cake" Dakota spoke as she walked towards the counter to order.

"Well these are desserts we should go for our dinner" Dakota dragged Yui to a chicken wings barbeque.

"You see that part of the Sun Avenue" Dakota spoke towards Yui as she pointed at the further landscape.

"There will be a hospital to be built in that exact place" she added as she imagined the image of the hospital.

"Is that your project that you are working on?" Yui asked, amazed at Dakota even though they were just the same age she was already doing big decisions and is capable of being a part of business projects.

"Yep! I'll be a lot busier" Dakota replied as she stretched her hands.

"Then what's your relationship with Desmund Ingorov?" Yui finally popped out the question that has been bugging her for days.

[Does the male lead and female lead's relationship developed this fast?]

Dakota stared at Yui's down expression on her face and thought that she had already fallen to Desmund and wanted to clear things out and that is her reason for finding her.

"He was my fiancé, it was an arrange marriage between our parents. But after I take over the company I will annul it, I don't want a marriage with a strained relationship like my parents" Dakota stated as she stared at Yui's eyes.

"I want someone that will love me back and spend my days with that person" Dakota imagined holding Kannon's hand as she smiled at her.

"Don't you want an entire harem of omegas?" Yui asked staring intently at Dakota.

There are only a few alphas that don't engage themselves with having omegas as mistresses and finding a person like that is quite rare.

"Won't I just be letting them suffer? Let's just say I have a dozen of mistresses and each month they go in heat and there are days that I won't be home because of work, they'll suffer enduring their heat while I'm gone. If I divided my time and affection to them won't the others feel lonely? And I am not the type of person that abandons people after I get what I want" Dakota replied.

Her words brought Yui to smile.