XX

[Was I too harsh?]

Dakota could not help but want to punch her own face, seeing Kannon in a brink of tears while hatefully staring at her Dakota knew she acted like an as*hole.

Yet Dakota immediately did realize the other meaning of her own words.

"Silly did you really think that I would expose you as an omega?" Dakota walked towards Kannon and caressed her head.

"It must have been tough for you to get in and I knew it...I apologize for my rudeness" she added as she stared gently at her.

Kannon was taken aback, the familiar feeling of that night was like being poured at her.

This overflowing gentleness and warmth..... How could she forget it?

"I was talking about stealing your first kiss...wasn't it a secret?" Dakota raised her finger and pressed it against her own lips and a playful smirk was plastered in her face.

"You-!!!!......I don't need you to keep it a secret!" Kannon pushed away Dakota's hand from her head and turned around.

[So she meant about the kiss? I got worked up for some reason and to think that she is that good looking is.....ahem* ahem*]

Kannon tried to steal a few glances at Dakota's face.

[Why does it feel like I have seen her somewhere before? Somewhere that is not from that night....where was it?]

Kannon tried to remember but did not suceed.

"Are you not ashamed of everyone knowing that you have your first kiss stole by a stranger?" Dakota spoke teasingly and gave a wink.

"What's to be ashamed of it??" Kannon intensely stared at Dakota refusing to back down.

"Didn't you say I was crazy? Well that makes your first kiss is with a crazy person like me"

"You-!!!" Kannon hatefully gritted her teeth as she accusingly pointed at Dakota.

"Then what about becoming friends?" Dakota stated with a chuckled seemingly amused with Kannon's cuteness.

"You look shady with that black outfit and you look someone dangerous why would I bother to stick with someone like you?" Kannon replied harshly.

"Well I am someone you could ask for help and for the first time that we met haven't we already crossed the line what friends do?" her voice was playful yet her expression in her face was innocent and her teasing smile makes Kannon want to wipe it off her face.

"Urghhhhhh!! You won't go away unless I say yes don't you?" Kannon glared at Dakota yet her glare does not hold any hostility as before.

"Nope" Dakota smiled.

"Fine just give me your number and scram!!" Kannon held out her hand as Dakota gave her, her business card.

Without looking at it Kannon just stuffed it on her pocket and was about to shoo Dakota away when suddenly the clear sky was clouded and a heavy rain immediately poured down.

"I don't have an umbrella" Kannon worriedly spoke as she clenched her books closer to her chest from getting them wet.

Dakota took off her blazer and wrapped it around Kannon, shielding her books from getting wet as both of them took cover in the nearby gazebo.

"Seems like it won't be over just yet...the weather these days are unpredictable" Dakota spoke staring at the black sky.

Kannon slightly blushed as she just realized that Dakota was wrapping her arm around her and was hugging her closely.

"You are too close" Kannon stepped aside as she broke free from Dakota's grasp.

"You are cold" stared at Kannon who was obviosuly shivering as the cold wind continously blew pass them.

"Aren't you?" Kannon raised her brow as she stared at Dakota who was not even budging at the cold despite only wearing a thin black shirt and black trousers.

Dakota was already used to the cold climate in Sector Uno where winter is undeniably much harsher compared to other sectors.

"No" she replied.

"My car is parked not far from here, shall I drive you?" Dakota stared at Kannon.

Kannon just stared at Dakota with her measuring gaze, obviously caculating her entire figure.

[Well she is not the type to abduct someone and if she did have any malicious intent then I would not have returned safely that night... and she is even asking for my permission]

"Just drop me off somewhere" Kannon tilted her head as she replied with a low tone.

Seeing her ears turned red, Dakota just laughed it off and walked towards the parking lot despite the rain.

"I should have expect that you car is also black" Kannon spoke as she got in Dakota's car.

"You like it?" Dakota smirked as her fingers raked through her drenched hair.

Kannon stole another glance at Dakota and tilted her head.

"It's a sports car of course everybody likes expensive stuffs" she replied refusing to look at Dakota.

It was just a short drive but Dakota wished it would have been longer.

"Now that I knew where you are staying aren't you afraid I'll just break in your apartment?" Dakota joked as she stared at Kannon playfully who was getting off the car.

"Your jacket I'll return it to you next time" Kannon replied as her back facing Dakota.

"I'll wait...ohh and shower first before you go to bed" Dakota spoke as she drove off.

Kannon walked up stairs to her room that was in the third floor. The apartment for students in Haven University could be said as grand as every room is spacious and decorated with expensive stuffs and the reason for that is because many students in the University came from rich backgrounds and of course providing them a space to live should also be grand.

She walked to her room and slumped on her bed lazily with her face down and buried to her pillow.

"Why is she so cool and gentle at the same time?" Kannon spoke as her face intensely blushed.

Her eyes lowered down as she remembered the graze in Dakota's lips, she knew she caused it as she slapped her earlier and was kind of feeling bad. Not to mention her pride clouded her earlier and that is why she was unwilling to apologize.

Kannon sat up and pulled the ring from her finger and slammed it on her desk before walking towards her bathroom.