21.

#0 / Alan's POV

When I awoke, it was still pitch black. Avem was in the corner, charging, next to M-3770 (Chris's drone) and for a second, I didn't know why I had woken. Then I realised my phone was ringing, and I was about to answer it when Chris (who was still half asleep) heard it and assumed it was his wake-up alarm, trying to turn it off, but only succeeding in smacking my face.
"OUCH! Chris, that hurt" I yelped, grabbing the device to see who it was. I pulled on some clothes and slipped out of the room so I didn't disturb Chris, who had gone back to sleep, and answered the call from Ken.
"Dude, Hva vil du? Klokken er to om morgenen! [What do you want? It's two in the morning!]" I said, still waking up, and already missing the warmth of the bed.
"We want you to let us into the base, Alan," his tired voice replied from the other end of the line.
"We? Who did you bring?"
"Just shut up and let us in, will you? We're freezing!"
"Fine. Give me a minute..." I groaned, going back into the bedroom. Chris was sat up, obviously woken by me getting out of bed.
"Where are you going?" He asked when he saw me get my coat.
"Ken finally decided to show and he wants me to let him in." I told him, kissing his forehead as I pulled the jacket on.
"I'll be back soon, I promise." I turned and left the room, headed for the entrance of the base. After a quick ride in one of the several elevators scattered around the base, I scaled the stairs at the main entrance (of course there were others at other locations, but this one was closest, and the most well known one. We'd be pulling all the plugs in the morning though, all entrances open, to get as many people in as possible, as quick as possible) and put my hand on the scanner at the top to open the door. I could see Ken and two other figures waiting a few metres away. Scrambling out of the hatch, which closed behind me, I walked over to the trio, turning my phone's torch on so I could see them better. I immediately recognised them as the other Rising Walkers.
"What're you two doing here?" I asked them while Ken registered to the base's system.
"K's headphones ran out of power and dumped him in the middle of Birmingham. We found him, and gave him a charger for it and said he could come to my place until they were charged. Also you called walkers join and he said we could come with him." Ed shrugged as I helped them sign into the base.
"Hang on - I called Walkers Join at Alone, how did you know to come to the top, everyone else is just camping further down at the spot from alone, right? We're going to have a pain sorting them all out tomorrow."
"We just followed Ken and a bunch of Norwegian Walkers. We had no clue where we were going."

I found two rooms close to mine, and gave one to Ken, which he agreed to share with Andreas, and one to Ed and Lewis.
"I'll come find you in the morning. There's a locker each in your rooms. Clothes go on the bottom, anything else you brought goes on the shelf. Ken, I'll get you kitted up after breakfast." I told the trio.
"By the way, what's the situation out there?" Ed pulled his projector and controller from his backpack, and activated them both, flying RW-3 over to the ridge, where 4 dozen Walkers from across Scandinavia and other nearby countries were camping.
"We waited with them for a while, several Norwegians came past us, headed up the mountain, and we followed a group of six here after one of them recognised K." He said.
"Ok, so the Norsk are inside. That's a good start. I'll need your help in getting anyone else that turns up inside tomorrow. I'll send someone down now, to start bringing people in, as well." I told them. They nodded and left them to go to bed.

#19013 / Iselin's POV
It was 6 am when I got out of bed. My room was pretty small, with only a set of bunk beds, two lockers and a sink. I had secured the top bunk as mine, and left my little collection of Lego minifigures on top of the light to show it. Given that I had woken early, and that I hadn't unpacked the night before, I decided to put my things away, because my suitcases were taking up floorspace, and #28300 would need somewhere to put her stuff as well, so I undid my suitcase and went to the lockers. As was most of the locks in the base, they were operated biometrically, and when I placed my palm on the sensor, the left door popped open. There was a note on the shelf, and I took it out, leaving the door open to save myself the hassle of having to reopen it.

Dear Walker,
This locker has extended
storage. When you put
things in, then close the
door, the items will
disappear into storage.
If you wish to take
something out, pull
the screen at the back
towards you, and it will
show a list of items
in your inventory. Tap on
the one/ones you wish
to extract and they
will appear.

I started stacking my clothes at the bottom, and when I ran out of space, I shut the door, and sure enough, when I reopened it, they were gone. I put the rest of my things in, Except AV-8, and closed the door again. Once more, the items vanished.

It had only taken half an hour to put my stuff away, but Alan evidently also got up early, as he knocked on the door at half six, telling me to get dressed because he had a job for me.
"Hang on, I'm behind the door," I said, putting my toothbrush and toothpaste on the shelf above the sink, which was indeed behind the door. I slipped out of the corner and let him in while waking AV-8. Alan spotted the empty suitcase that was half under the bed and the open door of the locker and said
"You figured out how to use the closets?" I nodded
"Ok. I need to choose some clothes for you, so you don't regret wearing the wrong clothes for this job." I nodded again
"Go ahead, the door's open. I'll be right back."