7.

At the Sony music Norway H.Q, the three of us waited in reception for our entry passes. When they arrived, we climbed the stairs to the fifth floor and took the third door on the right. Walker was already at one of the many monitors in there, listening to what I assumed was our #faded5 music video. We all grabbed some headphones, but after a couple of minutes of conversation, and a few slight tweaks to the music, we took them off again. "there is only one word for that remix. Perfect!" we all smiled and took his compliment, then sat at a couple of monitors and started our new song - the Alan walker x the rising walkers collaboration project. And from what I could hear leaking out from underneath Lewis' headphones as I walked past, it was going to be good.

Later that year, we rereleased 'shadows' with Sony, and it became even more popular than it had been, when it became track of the month on radio 1. Soon it was at number 1 on the national charts and stayed there for nearly three months! It would have been there longer, only, at Christmas, we released 'rise' , the Alan walker x rising walkers collaboration, and it was twice as popular, and 'shadows' was bumped down to number 2 by our second song, which achieved number 1 on the international charts.

We soon got into the swing of things and before long we were releasing songs almost every month, sometimes less than that. We wrote several more collabs, with artists including Ariana Grande, k-391 and marshmello, and although all of them got high in the charts, none of them contested with the success of 'shadows' and 'rise' which were both still high in the international charts almost a year after being released.

Two weeks after our Norwegian recording session, I finally got a text I had been expecting for almost a month. I was creating an EDM track for our new song 'let go' on my computer when my phone buzzed on the desk beside me

#0 - Walkers Join

#0 - 60.444841, 5.360499

I grabbed my phone and stuffed it in my pocket, snatched a large rucksack from the corner where it sat permanently packed, as I knew 20 others would be across the globe, and crammed my laptop into the front pocket. Then I swung the bag onto my back and ran to the bus station, pausing only to lock the door and activate the camera concealed in a pen in my pocket.

We met at the bus station, the three of us, and rode a coach to the airport where we boarded a plane for Bergen. It wasn't a long flight and soon we were running through the hilly countryside surrounding the Norwegian town occasionally meeting other walkers we stopped, forming a cordon, each of us at a different point around a giant circle of store was an enlarged version of the prophecy disks from the 'world of walker' song trilogy. In the centre, a circular house with(another walkers drone showed) Alan's logo painted on the roof stood, raised above the various scenes depicted in the painted ring of rock. Only, it wasn't a house. It was an elevator. We clambered in, all 20 of us and down we went, until we were at least four metres underground and then the doors opened, and we were in a musician's heaven. Everyone else had obviously been here before and went to their rooms to put their bags away while they were waiting for Alan. We, however, had no clue where anything was and so Saphire took us on a tour, showing us our bedrooms, the kitchen and things like that. Back in the studio, everyone had gathered so Alan could brief them on the track we were going to be producing. I sat down at a workstation next to Saphire but instead of opening FL studio, I sent her an email

from: 19013.xwalkers.no

to: Saphire.xwalkers.no

Hey, isn't it Alan's Birthday on Thursday?? We should give him a surprise party!!

13

She agreed and soon, everyone knew what they had to do. Over the next couple of days, I could be found in one if several places:

Helping Saphire with vocal tracks

Helping Alan with drops and EDM lines

In the kitchen, working designs for cakes and making party food

When Thursday arrived, everything went to plan. At 10 o'clock a message appeared on the group chat:

#4836 - Hey Alan, Wanna come bowling???

#7629 - yeah, it'll be fun!!

#19007 - go on, treat yourself :)

Five minutes later, I saw Alan and four walkers get in the lift to go to bowling Bergen. The instant they were out of sight the complex burst into a frenzy of streamers, sugar, and snacks. Presents were stacked in corners and fairy lights strung from around the ceiling as I linked my phone to the speakers that hung from the corners of the roof. A table was cleared of sheet music and laptops, and plates and bowls of sandwiches, crisps and other snacks were arranged neatly on top. When all of this was achieved, I ran back to the kitchen, where the cake I had baked earlier was cooling. I took it off the tray and placed it on a fancy black and light blue plate. I grabbed two boxes of icing that sat on the work surface and started icing Alan's cake.

20 minutes later I put the finishing touches to Alan's birthday cake, and texted the others

19013 - Done!

19010 - decorations finished

13027 - will be back with A in 10!

19013 - everyone to positions

From my hiding place in the kitchen, I saw everyone jump into prearranged hideyholes. A couple of torches flashed on from two phones and I signalled to theowners to turn them off. One blinked out, but the other remained on. I franticly waved at the person, urging them to put their torch out, because I could hear the other walkers approaching. The individual who owned the light killed it just as the door opened.

I looked down at my own screen, set to the lowest brightness possible and opened to the walker base control app. That was one of the good things about the bunker. It was completely automated, so you could control the lights, heating and pretty much anything else from your phone. I paused to check for everyone's thumbs up, then hit the button that said

Studio lights

Instantly, the strip lights illuminated the table of food, the presents and the huge banner that said, 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALAN' "surprise!" yelled the others, jumping out of their hiding places. Alan, who looked genuinely startled, stared open mouthed as I brought out his cake to a chorus of 'happy birthday'.

Later, after many hours of partying, came up and thanked me for organising the night. "Assuming it was you? Of course, it was. Only the legendary 19013 could have sorted something on this scale. Thank you so much. It's been every bit as special as last year!" "don't thank me yet. There's still one surprise left! Guys are you ready?" the others replied that they were, and we loaded various pages on our laptops and monitors. Then I counted us down and we pressed play.

The next morning, I found Alan sitting on the sofa with a bowl of cereal, listening to the complete recording of 'Sky High' , the new x walkers song. "I would say it's time to record the music video, but I can't find anyone anywhere." He said, looking up at me from the lines of melodies and beats that filled his screen "that would be because they are all in bed with terrible hangovers, from all the alcohol they had last night, except us two, Lewis, ed and Saphire who I believe have gone bowling." He shook his head and instead we decide to use cut scenes from alone, unity, faded and diamond heart to create a brand-new video. We spent the morning editing the footage and eating left over pizza from the night before. When we finally got to bed that evening, I could not sleep for excitement of releasing a new track. That was one of the few things you never got used to, no matter how long you worked in the music industry.

At five to twelve, two days after Alan's birthday, everyone gathered around the computers, to sign into our respective YouTube channels (Alan walker, the Rising Walkers and many more, including the Alan x walkers channel) to upload the music video online. Edward counted us down and then

Click!

The video was online on over 20 channels. Alan x walkers' second track went viral immediately.