1.

I guess it all started on my thirteenth birthday. I was sitting amongst the piles of wrapping paper and presents from friends and relatives as I pulled the last gift from a paper bag. It was medium sized envelope, not very big, and I had presumed it was a card of some sort. Slowly I pulled out something I really really wanted but hadn't been expecting to get. "You haven't?..."

They'd got me three VIP tickets to an Alan Walker concert. There was an awkward silence as I studied the slips of paper in my hand. Then I let out an excited squeal and ran up to my bedroom to call my friends. Two minutes later I slouched back down to the lounge. they were on holiday in america and thier phones wouldnt work overseas. Then a realisation hit me. What if the other tickets were for my parents? I voiced this thought to my mom, but she smiled and said "No. You can take whoever you want. You're old enough for a bit of freedom now." I nearly died of shock when she said that I was going alone, in a way. My parents were generally really overprotective of me and it was totally out of character for them to let me do this sort of thing on my own.

Two days after the events of my birthday I sat in a practice room at school, the one we called our recording studio, singing my way through 'Play' as I waited for my two band mates to come in from their last lesson. I didn't have long to wait. Soon Lewis came in, dropped his bag on the floor and turned on the keyboard. Then Edward came in, dumping his bag on top of the pile to get the drums in position. I plugged my laptop into the amp next to the piano. That day we recorded the last of the footage for a video for a 'Faded' remix competition. Then I told them. We had VIP tickets to Alan Walker live at Manchester arena – and backstage passes!

As I packed up after the rehearsal, I recalled the reactions of my buddies when I told them we were actually going to meet Alan Walker, our hero. Ed had screamed his head of just as I had expected, but Lewis had been a tad bit louder than I had anticipated. He had turned the keyboard to full volume, which was really loud when it was plugged in to the amp, which it was, and started playing 'We Are the Champions' and screaming the lyrics at the top of his voice. I swear half the windows in the school shattered from the loudness.

Three months later and I was sat in a window seat on a bowing 747 next to my companions. Lewis and Ed were absorbed in a game on a Nintendo switch and I was listening to Alan Walker as I painted my nails with his logo. I switched from Walker's debut album 'Different World' to the thirty odd unmasked vlogs I had downloaded before we left.

When we landed in Manchester (it was about an hour later) we lugged our bags through the airport to a taxi which would take us to our hotel, where a room had been reserved in my name. The room was small containing only three single beds and a bathroom but that was all we needed. After leaving our rucksacks on the beds we went downstairs for dinner. We each ordered a pizza and when we finished not a slice remained. Then we went upstairs to get ready for the concert.

It was pitch black when we emerged from the B and B, but luckily the venue was just around the corner and we didn't have far to walk. At the gate a security guard took one look at our tickets and radioed for someone to take us backstage. When the new guy arrived, we proceeded down a long tunnel to the part of a show which most people don't see.

At the end of the corridor was a large room filled with sofas and tables filled with food. At one end there was a long bench that occupied a whole wall of the tent and it was on this that the guard sat us before running off down one of the several passages that led out of the marquee. For the first time I got a decent view of the sort of people that were backstage. There were several people with T.V. cameras walking around, there were lots of people wearing Alan Walker hoodies, who I assumed were his crew, because none of them were Walker himself, and there were also lots of people in ordinary clothes whom I presumed were other artists who had done collabs with Alan, some of them I recognised from the unmasked vlogs. Just then one of the camera people noticed us sitting on the bench, came over and asked us whether we wanted (and were allowed) to be on T.V. We replied with "Yeah, sure why not?" and within seconds we were surrounded by television crews and being quizzed on air. We answered all the questions with ease, until they asked us to sing a couple of bars of our favourite Alan Walker songs. I went last but even after 6 minutes of thinking I still hadn't worked out which was my favourite. "They're all my favourite," I admitted "So pick a number from one to eleven". The camera guy asked Siri. Siri said 8. I got my phone and played the 8th Alan Walker track on my playlist. The opening bars of 'Heading Home' played from the tinny speakers and I sang along up to the chorus. I had to stop then any way as that was when the guard came back.