28.

A/N- sorry about the abrupt ending to the last chapter ;) Also sorry for the long paragraph of norwegian in this chapter :/

#0 / Alan PoV.

I was sat, shirtless, on my bed, my brother, sister and boyfriend staring at me.
"Stop it-" I told them, awkwardly shifting on the sheets.
"Alan, why didn't you tell us?" Andreas asked, leaning slightly forward, but was interrupted by Susanne barging through the door.

"Wait- What?"

"Hva faen, Susanne? [What the Fuck, Susanne?] Why'd you come bursting in like that? This is supposed to be me talking to my family in private, not you interrupting at a rather personal time." I grabbed the bedsheet, pulling it around me, so no skin was on show.
"Jeg beklager, Alan [Im sorry]. But, I got the results from Iselin's blood test, and - just look at them yourself" She shoved her datapad at me and I scrambled to grab it, gazing at the screen in shock.
"27% norwegian, 25% english, 23% scottish, 11% unknown, 10% unknown, 4% vietnamese. Why are there two that say unknown?" I read the  statistics out.
"One is atlantisian, the 11% one. I'm still not sure about the other one..."
"Hang on one freaking second- 78% Walker?!" I yelled, "That's the highest I've ever seen in someone who wasnt directly one of them!" I paused, "Does she know? About this?"
"No. I told her the earliest she could expect the results was tomorrow morning." Susanne said, taking back the datapad.
"Good. keep it that way. We can talk about this later. By the way, where is she?"
#28300 paused at the door.
"Who, Iselin? She's in ExTes." I nodded as she left, giving us privacy once more. I dropped the sheet once the door had hissed shut, leaving myself exposed to my family.
"How many?" Was the first thing Camilla said after an awkward pause.
"Nine." I sighed and her eyes went wide.
"Nine scars?! Alan, Jeg gjentar mitt forrige spørsmål, hvorfor fortalte du oss det ikke? Gjorde du det mot deg selv? [I repeat my previous question, why didn't you tell us? Did you do it to yourself?]"
I bowed my head in resignation.
"Nei,Nei, det gjorde jeg ikke. Det var Red Nexus. For et par måneder siden fant de meg etter et av showene mine. Holdt meg fanget i omtrent to uker mens de raidet huset mitt. De endte opp med min bærbare datamaskin og harddisker, sammen med en enkelt drone som jeg hadde tatt inn fra en rullator for reparasjon. Lang historie kort, Gunnar fant det ut og fikk på en eller annen måte en angrepsgruppe fra regjeringen for å redde meg. En kamp brøt ut, Red Nexus siktet mot meg. Jeg ble ganske mye truffet, som du kan se. Jeg sa det ikke til deg fordi jeg ikke ville at du skulle bli arrestert for å ha sprengt RNHQ. [No, I didn't. It was Red Nexus. A couple months ago, they found me after one of my shows. Kept me captive for roughly two weeks while they raided my house. They ended up with my laptop and hard drives, along with a single drone that I'd taken in from a walker for repairs. Long story short, Gunnar found out and somehow got an attack squad from the government to rescue me. A fight broke out, Red Nexus were aiming for me. I got hit quite a lot, as you can see. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to get arrested for blowing up RNHQ.]"
Chris narrowed his eyes, he'd obviously got M-3 to translate for him.
"But they fucking almost killed you! I don't care if I get arrested, I'm gonna get them back!"
I shivered and pulled my hoodie back on, because although it was technically the middle of summer, we were quite far underground, and sitting around with no shirt on wasn't the best idea for staying warm.
"Chris, we're highly likely to end up fighting them hand-to-hand now. Give me a couple of weeks to get you a proper task force and you can go blow them up. Just don't get hurt yourself, OK?"
He sighed but nodded.
"Keep me updated about RN and the governments, I'm going to and find Iselin."
"Hva skal vi fortelle henne? Hvis hun ikke klarte å hacke Avem eller en av de andre dronene, vet Susanne nå, noe som betyr at det er dobbelt så stor sannsynlighet for at hun finner ut av det. [What are we going to tell her? If she didn't manage to somehow hack Avem or one of the other drones, susanne knows now, meaning she's twice as likely to find out somehow.]" My brother asked as I stood up, flinching slightly from the scars.
"I saw that Alan." He commented.
"Hold kjeft, Andreas! [Shut up] We'll see if she does notice first, if she does we'll tell her, if not it stays our secret, got it?"
We all left the room and I locked it, and we all went our separate ways.

You- #19013, hvor er du nå [where are you now]
#19013- Atlantis :P
#19013- ExTes
You-thx. Will c u soon. As long as you aren't actually in atlantis.

I walked through the lab door to see her in a corner or the room, surrounded by a dazzling bright blue glow.

You- I hope you're wearing eye protection over there

"Ja, jeg er, Alan [Yes, I am]" She called, the AuRa slowly diminishing as she stopped working.
"Sooo, what're you making?"
"It's an aluminium/polyester/fiberglass hybrid." I gave her a confused face, not sure what she was talking about.
"Its basically the material the drones are made of, but you can weave it into fabric to make clothes. More effective camouflage, the whole package. You can look if you want, just don't touch, it's still pretty hot." I looked in fascination at the reel of thread in her gloved hand as she changed its colour to grey, then black, then white and then back to clear.
"By the way, where's AV-8?" I asked, it was rather unusual to find Iselin without her drone by her side.
"He's behind you." She replied, keying a complex formula into a keypad on a nearby machine and loading more reels in to wind the thread onto. Soon, she had a bucket of full reels, and she didn't stop it until she had over ten containers full of the stuff.
"Can you help me take these down to the textiles department? I can't carry them all myself, even with AV-8's help." She asked, loading the cartons onto her drones trailer like it was a flatbed truck.
"Fine. Avem, hoverboard." I loaded the remaining baskets onto the projected platform, wincing now and then when particular scars took the strain. Then we walked out of the lab towards the textiles department.

Once we had finished unloading the crates, Iselin turned to me.
"Alan. We need to talk."
Knowing the young girl, she had probably found out about my injuries, but I decided to play innocent incase it was something different.
"Talk about what? You want to write a new song or something? There's a recording studio down on 7."
Her features settled into a bitch face and she stared me dead in the eyes.
"Alan, you know full well what I'm talking about. You're hurt. Badly."

Well shit.

"Nei, jeg er ikke. [No, I'm not]"
"Ja du er. [Yes you are.] I had AV-8 follow susanne when she went into your room. He's been tailing you ever since."
"Hold up! You heard the whole thing?"
She nodded and I swore
"Dritt! [Shit] susanne will kill me" I muttered under my breath.
"78% Walker, huh? Not bad if I say so myself." She teased. I slapped her round the head lightly.
"Hold kjeft, 19013. [Shut up]"