22.

When I returned from the bathroom, which was a shared one down the hall, there was a loose pair of navy trousers and a navy top, along with a bag containing a mask of the same colour, a water bottle and some snacks hanging in the wardrobe.
"Meet me in the cafeteria for breakfast. I'll explain what you have to do then." Alan said, handing me the outfit and a pair of slip-on sandals.
"Sure. Why are there lots of people here? And why did you yell 'Ouch, Chris, that hurt' at 2 in the morning?"
"I called Walkers Join. That's why I'm up so early, I was helping get everyone who turned up overnight logged onto the system and making sure they all have a dormitory and a drone. And, Um, the second question's not as 18+ as it sounds. Ken finally turned up and called me, and Chris thought it was his wake-up alarm, and smacked me in the face while trying to turn it off." He waved and left me to get dressed.

The outfit for me perfectly, the top of the loose trousers covered by the shirt. I found a strip of fabric I could use as a belt, and tied it around my waist, then slung the satchel over my shoulder and stepped into the shoes to walk to the cafeteria.

Alan was already sat at a table, talking to Ken and someone else, when I arrived. A message from him appeared in my HUD seconds after his eyes met mine.

#0- grab some food, then get over here, you need to start soon if you want to be back by dinner.

I went over to a serving hatch and collected a plate of bacon, sausages and eggs,then headed for Alan. The other Walker had disappeared, as had Ken, but 3 pairs of his headphones were on the table, and Alan was on call with someone else.
"I mean, how'd they topple like three governments literally overnight? How? And Susanne is stuck with her research, and it won't be long before they find her with those new model RX-8s. No, I've got people on it." I sat down opposite him as he hung up.
"So- Where am I going?" I asked, indicating the headsets.
"Y'know I told you #28300 was supposed to arrive today? Well, as you might have just heard, Red Nexus managed to topple some governments last night. And guess what? Vietnam was one of those countries. Luckily, most of the Walkers managed to get on a plane or boat in time, before they were banned from travel, or I hope for their own sake they're good at acting. However, #28300 is stuck in Son Doong cave, where she was doing some research. Your job today is to go collect her and bring her back here. Ken has agreed to let you borrow the headphones so you can get there and back, and we found you a-"
"ED!" I cut Alan off,spotting my friend appear in the doorway, wearing the same outfit as me.
"Travelling companion..." Alan finished, but I was already halfway across the room.
"You're coming with me, to get Susanne?" I asked him, picking him up and spinning around. When I put him down again, he nodded, then tried to walk over to Alan, but he fell over after two steps. I helped him up, and a couple of seconds later we headed back to the table, laughing.
"One of you carries Susanne's headset, and make sure you have your own as well, you leave in 45 minutes, but I need help with all the Walkers who arrived on the 6:30 flight from Los Angeles, they're coming in in large groups, but don't really know the terrain, and keep getting lost." He said, handing us the headphones and walking towards the entrance. I quickly finished my food, and me and Ed walked towards the Admin Office, where another Norwegian Walker (#653, I think. He's in charge of all the paperwork.) gladly accepted our help, even though it was only for half an hour. He handed us datapads and pushed us towards the line of Walkers who needed to be registered to the system.

After signing countless Walkers in, and directing them towards their dormitories, Alan appeared and spoke to #653.
"Jeg må stjele disse to. Tror du du klarer deg uten dem? Jeg sender #7 og #285 for å hjelpe senere.[I need to steal these two. Do you think you can manage without them? I'll send #7 and #285 down to help later.]" #653 nodded and we left with Alan, heading towards our dorms. We had to help several Walkers who were lost on our way, but we got there eventually.
"Ok. The headsets can only take you to the fork in the tunnels. You should know how to get to her from there, it's the route in Alone Pt 2. She's camping in a cave behind the Prophecy Disk, got it? Everything you need is in your bags. Masks on, and I'll see you later!" I fished mine from my bag and tied it around my face, Ed pulling his up from around his neck.
"AV-8, initiate command sequence shutdown." I said and my drone collapsed so I could shove it in my bag. Ed did the same to RW-2 and nodded his head slightly at Alan.
"Bye." We both said.
"See you on the other side, 10," I added, then we put on the headphones. All I felt was a slight tingling, then there was a flash of orange and I was no longer in my room. Instead I was in a large tunnel that split two ways. We took the left one, splashing through underground rovers and scrambling over roof falls. I understood why Alan had made us wear these clothes: cold as it may have been in Norway, it was boiling here, and I was glad for the baggy outfits and water he had provided. Up ahead, I spotted a lush, green hill. I looked at Ed and he nodded.
"Alone pt 2." I pulled my drone from my bag and threw it, activating him once more, and within seconds, RW-2 was as well, the pair flying along behind us as we scrambled to the top and then back down the other side. In front of us stood the massive stone Prophecy Disk. We jogged around it, and there was a large gash in the ground behind the disk.
"Is that it? It's that where Susanne- #28300 - is staying?" I looked around quickly,
"I mean, I don't see any other caves here. AV-8, incognito." My drone dissapeared and I guided him down the crack, immediatly recognising the cave.
"Yes this it, I can see her tent. Hang on, this is the cave from the Walker Excavations game. It's even got the door! Ok, we're going in." I sat down and dropped through the floor, catching some vines on the wall and climbing the rest of the way down.
"Come on Ed- Jump! It's not that bad, and I'll catch you if you fall!" So he jumped, and he too grabbed to scramble down, but ended up in my arms anyway when one snapped. He blushed and looked away.
"Hey, Um, Ise, do you maybe want to, Um, get dinner with me when we get back? You know- Um, like a date?" I smiled back and nodded, before placing him back on his feet.
"Sure! Now let's find Susanne and get out of here."
"#28300? Hvor er du? [Where are you?]" He called loudly.
"Atlantis." I replied with a chuckle.
"Hey, stop it! Alan will kill us if we come back without her." I considered this point, and although he wouldn't kill us, he'd probably get very annoyed, and then we'd end up coming back every day until we found her.
"Fine. Susanne, can you hear me?" We wandered around, looking at everything, and all the whole searching door the archaeologist. After some time, I heard a frustrated banging sound from the stone door, and then loud swearing.
"#28300? Susanne er du i dere? [Susanne are you in there?]" I asked, while making a note of the three symbols at the base of the door.
"Ja [yes], I thought you were red nexus, and hid in here, but it's locked itself and now I can't get out!" The muffled voice responded. I raised my eyebrows, but set about finding the various pieces of cryptogram needed to unlock the door, and within 10 minutes we had the door open and #28300 was sat on the ground, drinking from my spare water bottle.
"Alan sent us to get you to the Bergen Centre without Red Nexus knowing. We have about 8 hours until they expect us back, but I assume were going to have to pack up your campsite, and it's about an hours walk to the closest possible transport spot, so we need to get a move on." She nodded and stood up
"Do you have drones? It will be easier to pack up if you do." I looked around for my AW-8.
"Oh yeah, I forgot. AV-8, disable incognito mode." The air next to me shimmered, then turned into my drone, while RW-2 came soaring through the opening in the ceiling, flying over to Ed and hovering by his side like an extremely well behaved pet.
"Don't you have a drone then, Susanne?" I asked, placing various artifacts into a large plastic container and instructing AV-8 to help RW-2 take down the tent.
"Yes, he's- where'd he go? Cervyance, Komme her![Come here!]" A drone emerged from the doorway, its flashlight on and a siren flashing somewhere in its inner workings.
"What's wrong with him?" I asked, worried that there was a system error. However, Susanne seemed excited, and dropped the items she was carrying into a box, before going over to her drone.
"Cervyance is one of a kind. He has an enhanced AI in his programming and he thinks for himself, though he still follows orders, so he works as my assistant. It just means I can get things done twice as fast. What is it, Cervy?" The drone's lights flashed and then he projected a 3D map of a city with a cluster of blinking lights on it.
"I have detected several unidentified life forms in Atlantis, #28300." He said, spinning around in celebration. Susanne looked at the campsite, and then at the door.
"Cervyance, how long would this campsite take to be tidied up?" Her drone scanned the site and calculated the answer.
"2 and a half hours, #28300"
Susanne did some math, working how how much time we had to spare before we needed to pack everything away.
"We've got 6 and a bit hours . Fancy a little trip to Atlantis to maybe meet some Ancient Walkers?" I nodded vigorously, and Ed was already in the doorway.
"Ok, let's go. Cervyance, lead on!" We stepped into the tunnel, the light practically evaporating as we went further in.