Birthday Meet Up Pog?

April 9, 2021
| 8:57 AM GMT |
imessage
sister dear

please tell me you're awake

of course i am
i barely fucking slept

i'm not even gonna question it
anyway, i'm about half an hour away
maybe more if this traffic continues

ayt, good luck
don't die or some shit

i'm not dumb, lee
i know how to drive

couldve fooled me

you're annoying

thanks, it's been my job since i was born

xxx

real life

Lee put down their phone, rubbing their eyes with their hands. Claire will be in 30 minutes, but they've been ready to leave since three in the morning when they decided that sleep was never coming. 

They'd decided to knit again to spend the time while listening to Dan and Phil's Undertale gameplay in the background. By the time Claire texts that she's at the front door, Lee has a red and white knitted drink... scarf? Sweater? 

After a quick google, it is apparently a drink cozy, and Lee made it to fit a can of coke specifically. Because one of their closest friends is a coke addict. 

Coca cola, not fucking cocaine. Lee laments that the sleep deprivation is getting to him.

A knock sounds from his door and Lee stuffs the drink cozy in his backpack, though it's a little tight of a fit.

Phil talked with Tommy's parents, who were actually pretty chill, like Toby said. The only thing they'd asked was his sister's number because they already had Phil's, and to meet Lee. 

After about an hour or so of talking, Lee thinks he might have been adopted. He's not sure, Mr. and Mrs. Innit were just really nice. They even said they had a sleeping bag so he didn't need to bring his own. 

As it was, Lee's backpack is stuffed with his oversized Philza hoodie to sleep in. He's wearing leggings because England is significantly colder than the Philippines, even in Spring, and also so he doesn't have to bring shorts or anything comfortable to sleep in. Especially since the rest of the space in his bag is occupied by his Switch, his knitting stuff, and other necessities, like his chargers and powerbank. 

Oh, don't forget his chunky blanket and his gifts for Tommy, and the essentials like a toothbrush, of course. Mr. and Mrs. Innit said they can provide a pillow too, so he doesn't have much to bring.

Picking up said bag, Lee shoves open his door and practically runs to the living room where his sister is presumably talking to their uncle. She is, so at least he doesn't need to go around the house. 

"'Te, what time are we leaving?" Lee asked, going back to the old habit of calling his sister 'ate.'

"Right now. We can just get McDonalds on the way if you haven't eaten yet." Claire looks up from her conversation with Phil, Hades in her arms. "Though I'm not so sure about the traffic. At least it's a little better than in the Philippines."