We're Almost There

August 20, 2021
| 10:36 AM GMT |
real life

Lee breathed in, taking in the busy streets as he walks away from the station. Tom is beside him, mask on so he's not recognized much.

They were going to be staying at Toby's for a while, and Lee very much appreciates the distraction. Tommy might not be able to stay for long, what with his plans and all, but that's fine. The two of them have hung out in each other's houses a lot anyway.

Luckily for Lee, he finished all his requirements just in time to catch up for all the missing months of A-Levels from the first term of his school year. Now he's just waiting on the start of school in September.

Hades is with them too because Phil and Kristin have plans and can't be sure they can take care of the cat in the following days. It's all fine; Hades surprisingly likes to travel, if the cat's insistence to be leashed for the walk is any indication.

As it was, Tom and Lee have been talking about what Lee would even do if he ever was invited to the DSMP. Not like he will, but Tommy likes to include his friends.

"I'm just saying, you can be like, my new best friend in lore." Tommy says, hands gesturing around. "You always blame canon Tubbo for replacing canon Tommy, so we can add more drama if I do the same."

"And I'm saying, doesn't Nate have a plan with his character that will make canon Tubbo suffer? I'm sure that's enough punishment."

"Mhmm, but I think I know you enough to know you actually have something in mind." Tommy places his arm around Lee, both still walking. "Spill, bitch."

Lee sighs, rolling his eyes fondly. "I just thought that I could be some kind of yandere character. Like an anti-villain or anti-hero maybe?"

Tommy raises an eyebrow at him, keeping his mouth shut for now. Tom's always been the considerate type, he just likes to pull up an extra annoying persona for streaming. It's endearing, really.

"Like, we meet and I get attached, so we grow closer and stuff. I'm really nice and attentive and you become healthy eventually, but the catch is I'm taking all your attention and slowly cutting you off from everyone because I think they're unhealthy for you. Maybe you won't believe them because I cultivated trust and friendship and care while everyone else just hurts you. Or maybe you will and I grow desperate and try to kill everyone instead, who knows?"

They'd stopped walking now, mostly because they're waiting to cross the road, but Tom's looking at Lee weirdly. Kinda like he's both excited and bewildered, actually.

"You've thought a lot about that, huh?" Tom says, one side of his lips raising to show a sort-of amused smirk. "This is why it'll be fun to have you. We can even plan for that, too."

Rolling his eyes, Lee nudges Tom with his shoulder, still under the blonde's arm. "If Dream even invites me. I have literally never even talked to GeorgeNotFound, what makes you think Dream will invite me?"

"That's the point though!" Tom exclaims. "They can't get to know you if you guys don't cross paths. How do you think we got so close?"

"I don't know, maybe you're just so annoying that he gave in?"

Tom's dramatic gasp makes Lee double over laughing.

(For a few minutes, she stops thinking about the looming date. She stops thinking about her losses and her pain and grief and just laughs at Tom's absurdity. Later, she will grieve again, but for now, Lee's walking her cat and laughing with her best friend.)