9 ∥ ♣ Aғᴛᴇʀᴍᴀᴛʜ

I felt a sharp pains shoot through my body and i opened my eyes awake only to see my dad and Dr. Owen. I remembered everything.

"Why did you sneak in the diamond kingdom?" My father asks. I scratched my nape before laughing nervously.

"I was..lost..?" I said more like a question

"You know, you could've gotten hurt or worse killed! Adi, i told you many times to never sneak out--"

"But you do too". I said to ease up the tension

"Hush, i know my limits." He said.

He then frowned again before giving me a full speech. I accepted defeat and listen to him. He then hugs me.

"I'm so glad you're safe." He said before I hugged back.

"I'm sorry, dad. I should've not been careless." I said.

"Sorry to interrupt, but her captain is here." Dr. Owen said before Captain William entered the door.

"C-captain! I-I'm sorry i-"

"No need, the mission was a success." He said before giving me a pat on the head.

"ARE THE OTHERS OKAY?" I asked rather loudly remembering them. He nodded.

"We'll submit report to your dad later, also, you have alot of explaining to do to your comrades." He chuckled before leaving.

"Oh, i forgot, i turn to my true self when I'm in the brink of deat--"

"Don't say that!" My father exclaimed.

"Sorry.." i said looking down.

My teammates entered the room

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"How long have you been in a disguise?"

"Why were you in a disguise?"

"First of all, because i want to tell you some other time, second, just about the exams and the last incident, third, i don't like special treatments, i want to work hard for the title wizard king." I said before i was crushed in a hug by Yuno.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He said.

"Wha- what about Mars?" I asked him.

"We were about to save him but the dungeon started crumbling to pieces and he got...crushed.." Yuno said.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"I'm sorry." Yuno could only say.

"My friend..." tears started to roll down my eyes.

"I... nevermind.. you can all go rest. I'm going to sleep." I said before facing the wall, closing my eyes.

I don't know, even if he was an enemy, he was still a living thing. Tears escaped from my eyes as i heard them leave. I got up and went to my favourite place, on top of the skull of the demon. I really go there when I'm sad or just feeling tired of everything.

I stared at the statue of the first wizard king. I saw these shapes on his belt. I wonder if that leads to somewhere. I know they're going to find me so i kept my mana hidden and my identity. I learned to put on a disguise by my dad, of course.

"If only i held my consciousness back then.. then i could've saved him." I mumbled to nothing.

I started crying uncontrollably. Growing up, i always sneak out to meet Mars, he's a good lad, he always asks what the world outside was and i would always tell him the same thing.

Beautiful.

So when he told me that Fana died because of him i felt his pain. Remembering him just now is.. much more painful. Sure, there's leo, mimosa, noelle, and other people keeping me company but he was the one that understood me the most.

"I wish i could've saved you.." I let out a shaky breath before laying down and looking at the sky.

"Should i go to Queen Loropichika?" I asked myself.

I decided and flew to the heart Kingdom. Then i realized it's illegal to do that so i flew back and went to explore some more. I found a shiny thing and i took a good look at it before remembering the same shape and size of the gem to the 1st Wizard King's belt or whatever that was. I took it amd went to put it.

It had no reaction. Damn, way to get my hopes up. I guess it's just a design. Should i find the rest? I thought hard.

"Meh, I'll get tired. " i spoke.

I sat down and watch as the sun sets. Beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow, painting the sky it's beautiful colors. I decided to go to the Diamond Kingdom, they already know who i am so they didn't mind. I can't help but feel that he's alive.

"Is Mars okay?"

"Certainly, they're healing his wounds and re-attaching stones on him." The guard said.

I sighed in relief.

"Thank goodness!" I said before thanking him for the information and flew back to my room with a smile plastered on my face.

"Where have you been?" Uncle Marx Spoke emitting dark aura from him.

Oh no. I'm dead.

"Uh, heh, yaaa, i went and find stones." I told the truth, well, some of it..

"What do you mean, some of it?"

"What was it again? Going to the Hage village? Yeah that"

"It seems that that is it. Well, atleast you're not hurt one bit. If you were, I'd given you a lecture minutes ago."

"Well, im going to bed. Goodnight Uncle Marx" i said before hopping to bed to sleep.