1 | UGH

Day 59

No no no no.

"Mom!" 

"Mom please!" I sob as I watch her take a chunk out of my arm. A yell breaks through me as I try to hold her snapping jaw away from me, blood covering her mouth dripping down her neck.

My blood.

The pain in my arm was long forgotten as I plug my knife into her scull.

Shit.

Another damn dream. 

UGH...

That seems to be the only word or sound that came close to explaining how I felt. All. The. Time

I was once again scavenging through random stores in Atlanta. Why? Haven't you heard the world ended? If you think about it, it's actually quite funny, considering the dead are walking around trying to eat the living. Who would have thought this was the way our world would end. I mean out of all the issues that would've done it, flesh-eating dead humans took the win. UGH.

I'd been on my own since the start, some might feel bad, but
I was glad.

It's easier.

I barely had any friends before everything went down, and I was not looking to make any new friends after the world ended. I wasn't lonely before, I just didn't like interacting with people.

I still don't, especially the dead ones, they aren't exactly the friendly type.

Trust me I've tried, I had once tried talking to one because I was bored, but it only seemed to be interested in well, eating me alive.

I was about 20 years old, I had lived in Atlanta before everything.

it's a wonder I survived, considering I was in there when everything happened.

The city wasn't my favourite, it was always loud and busy, but I had to get away from 'home'.

I bad been looking for my mother and half-brothers, they all lived in some town which was where I was hoping to reach after I reload on everything I needed, but considering that I was not prepared for the world to end I didn't take navigation classes. That was  why I am lost in the city. Again. UGH.

I wasn't stupid, I just didn't exactly care, and also everything looked different, meaning I couldn't exactly identify places by just the look of it, like I used to. And don't even get me started on the smell, the dead smelled awful.

Someone should teach them how to use deodorant.

Now that would be funny.

"On tonight's episode we have Jeff with us. So, Jeff tell us how it is to be dead" I turn my 'mic' towards a dead worker with the name tag 'Jeff' who was stuck under a fallen shelf. He only growled in response.

Maybe he's not in the mood for an interview.

"It seems as though Jeff doesn't want to share his dead feelings with us at the moment. We will be back soon" My words echoed through the empty store, only thing being heard was Jeff and the faint yet loud bangs and growls of the dead from the outside.

With a sigh I block away the urge to cry and look for something else to make fun of.

As I was looking for anything useful in the huge building, I heard gunshots coming from outside.

Who the hell is stupid enough to fire a gun in the city?

UGH, now it's gonna get them all riled up.

That meant that I'd be stuck there for some time.

"might as well get comfortable." I mumbled to myself as a sigh left my body.

I found some blankets and laid them out, I didn't unpack, you never wanna settle down, it's always a run sooner or later. After putting everything I found in my bag which didn't take long. I just laid there. Thinking.

I thought back to my mom, I wondered if she was still alive.

I miss her.

She was my best friend, she had me at 16 and raised me all on her own for the first 6 years of my life, it was just us, so we were really close. But I had to leave, I had to get out of that house. I couldn't take it anymore, I had to get away from him.

So I left, I got a job in the city and a small shared apartment. And I lived there for a while.

My brothers are a different story, don't get me wrong I loved them, but they were his flesh, his blood, they had him in them. As much as I tried to Look past it, I couldn't, the things he did to me weren't just things I could look past. I never said anything about it, I never showed how I felt, I treated them with so much love and kindness because I knew that they also had some of the same trauma. Mom knew, she could always read me, she knew how I felt without me even saying a single word. Which made it even worse.

My thoughts were interrupted by a series of more gunshots.

At this point, they're asking for death.

I shook my head and stared at the ceiling. I didn't want to think anymore, so I escaped, the same way I always did. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted to restless sleep.

A/N

Hello to whoever is reading, that was the first chapter I hope you liked it.
The photo at the top is what she's wearing and the current weapons she has.

This is not the longest chapter considering it's the first, they will get more interesting I promise.

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter there's more to come.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Bye lovelies

Last edited 2022/01/21

A Simple Coincidence // Daryl DixonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara