14 | Save? or Kill?

I felt heavy, very heavy. It was impossible to move, as if there were stone rocks on me keeping me down. I felt the cold of the metal table below me, against my exposed skin.

Where am I?

I couldn't open my eyes, my mind kept going blank, and I had no control over my body.

I kept going in and out of consciousness, hearing movement beside me.

What the hell?

I couldn't wrap my head around what was happening. I couldn't remember anything, how I got here, where I am, who's with me.

Am I dead?

What felt like an eternity was probably a couple of moments, I would be here one second and gone the next.

"I'm- doing this- you- this will- or it- kill you-"

What?

I could barely hear the voice, the words were all muffled together and inaudible, it sounded like a man?

And before I could finish my thought everything went blank again.

Third POV.

Dr. Davidson had carried the drugged girl into the lab he had claimed as his own since everything started. He carefully laid her down on one of the only tables and started following his plan.

Earlier that day during one of his many tests and trials, he finally got the formula right, or so he assumed.

He just needed the perfect person to test it on. Originally he was planning on testing his partner Dr. Jenner, but when he saw the survivors at their doors he knew it had to be one of them.

He had chosen his perfect test subject, a young healthy person with the perfect blood type.

And lucky for him that was Elleanore.

As he prepared the syringes he was going to inject the girl he battled his own cautiousness.

Should he do it? Would she survive? Could this be the cure?

"I'm sorry I'm doing this to you. This will either save your life.. or it could kill you. And there's no way of telling. But I have to try before dying, this is my last chance. Our last chance. We have to sacrifice the few to save the many, and for that I am not sorry."

And with those words he injected the young girl with the first dose of his personal poison.

________________

This is an extremely short chapter. I wrote it in class and I haven't edited it yet.

I will update with a proper chapter soon but this is like a filler chapter.

Thank you for reading

Vote and comment <3