3 | How We Met

Day 61

Nowadays sleep was a luxury you weren't always lucky to have, meaning whenever I had the opportunity, I slept for as long as I could. Which explains why I slept for almost a whole day.

I had just woken up when I heard some shuffling of chains.

"Merle" someone yelled.

I quickly gathered my stuff and hid behind some metal thing on the roof, I wasn't paying much attention.

"Merle" the same voice yelled again.

From where I hid, I had a clear view of what was happening. I spotted a man with a crossbow taking the lead, let's call him thing one, behind him, were 3 other people. A man in a sheriff's uniform, let's call this one thing two, a darker toned man, thing three, and an Asian guy who looked to be the youngest of the bunch, thing four.

"No! No!" thing one yelled a couple more of those until he stopped. Honestly, I felt kind of bad, Merle obviously meant something to him.

They all walked towards the place merle had been handcuffed. Then I remember that his hand was still there. Oops.

The one looked pissed and suddenly he raised his crossbow pointing it at thing three. As if on reflex the sheriff raised his gun pointing it at the mans head. So stupid, I thought to myself.

The sheriff said something about not hesitating, and I was already too bored to pay attention. But whatever he said seemed to convince the man, because he slowly lowered his crossbow.

He then asked for a Do-rag. What the hell is this man doing.

I stopped watching them and I looked down at myself, making sure I had my weapons. I always kept my sword on my hip, and my gun hostler tied to my thigh, those were the obvious weapons I had on me. What people didn't see were the couple of knives I had hidden here and there. I had one in each boot, one hidden in the back of my jeans, and one stuffed in my bra. Smart I know.

I decided to finally announce myself, because well what did I have to lose.

At that point thing one was on the ground predicting what had gone down with Merle while picking up the hand.

"Yeah, you almost got it right" now that came from me.

They all stopped raised their guns to look all strong and scary blah blah, the same routine everyone does.

"Who the hell are you?" asked our lovely Pocahontas.

"I'm the hell person who helped your beloved friend." They all just looked at me like I had two heads, and let me tell you thing one, didn't look all too happy with my entrance.

Well because he stormed my way pinning me to the closest wall behind me, holding me by my jacket. Because I let him, obviously. But that didn't mean I wasn't going to come off as the scared little girl, so on instinct, I had a knife held to his throat.

"Hey, Daryl calm down," said the sheriff. But neither of us seemed to care because we both held eye contact neither of us backing down.

Eventually, he let go of me, seeing that I wasn't backing down and that I did have a weapon unlike him who had left his crossbow beside merles' hand.

"Where's my brother," he asked louder than necessary.

"in my back pocket," I answered him with a scoff.

He didn't seem to like my joke.

"Listen to me girl, if ya don't start talkin' I ain't gonna be so friendly" the man who they called Daryl said.