13 | Mary's Lost Little lamb

I hate blood, I hate blood, I hate blood.

How have I survived this long; I literally see blood everywhere daily. But for some reason seeing my blood being sucked out of me makes me dizzy.

How is that even possible!

I watched as the little tube got filled with my blood, taking deep breaths to calm me down, I close my eyes and try not to think about the blood-sucking tube.

Dogs are such cute animals, what happened to the dogs in shelters? Are they still there? Oh My God, I should go rescue them!

"O negative?" Dr. Davidson asked breaking me out of my doggy world, he was looking down at the paper I along with the others had to fill. I nod confirming his question and he continues "That's very rare. You better pray you won't need a blood transfusion any time soon."

Before I could reply to the man in front of me, Dr. Jenner spoke from behind me. he was sitting at another table taking Daryl's blood who looked unfazed by the blood-sucking tube that was attached to his arm.

"Looks like luck is on your side, you both are O negative. Better keep each other around, you never know what could happen." Dr. Jenner informed us looking between me and Daryl.

I looked to Daryl and grinned, "well, isn't that great sunshine" he looked at me unimpressed and rolled his eyes before looking back to Dr. Jenner. "Pft, how rude," 

***

Food! 

That's all I could think about when the two doctors were leading us to... honestly, I was not paying attention to anything.

Soon enough we were all sitting around a table, all laughing and eating, even drinking. The room was filled with laughter it felt light and easy, we hadn't had anything like it in a long time, no fear, no thoughts, no outside world. Just a group of strangers that somehow found comfort in each other, enjoying a meal and sharing stories as if the world around them wasn't falling apart. It was like our memories were at a pause, letting us enjoy whatever was delivered to us. I felt comfortable, more than I had in a long while, I felt somewhat happy, or maybe it was just the alcohol that was making me forget about the hurricane on the other side of the door.

Either way, I was going to enjoy every last bit of it.

It won't last long. I just know it.

"You know, in Italy, children have a little bit of wine with their dinner. And in France" Dale was standing as he spoke while filling Lori's cup with more wine.

Papa Dale!

"Well, when Carls in Italy or France, he can have some then." Spoke the mother of the year before taking a sip from her wine glass; which was in fact filled to the top.

"Booo!" I yelled from across the table, putting my hands up in a thumbs down. I was seated beside Glenn on the stage, separate from the others.

"what's it gonna hurt, come on." Said a tipsy Rick to his wife. Lori looked at him in shock before giggling and letting dale pour a little bit of wine into Carl's cup.

"There you go, young lad.

Smiles on everyone's faces, laughing for the stupidest reasons. Watching Carl take the cup and bring it to his lips innocently. Everyone waited to see his reaction, "Eww!"

And once again everyone bursts into laughter at the young boy who was making funny faces, trying to get rid of the taste on his tongue.

"Oh, give him a couple years, he'll be the one asking for a bottle," I said with a chuckle and taking a sip from the bottle in my hand.