25 | Dry Sunny Day

Day 70

"I wasn't-" he didn't let me finish, he just grabbed my arm and pushed me inside.

"Shh, I don't need to hear it." His rough voice reaches my ears as I stop myself from falling as his forceful push had knocked me off my feet.

He got inside and shut the door behind him, I could hear his footsteps getting closer to me, not wanting to face him I stay still, looking towards our Livingroom, not giving me a second to speak, he pulled me towards him by my hair. Tears had long made their way down my face. The smell of the alcohol in his breathtaking over my senses as he held me against the wall.

"What were you trying to do?" he whispers calmly in my ear, taking a generous breath into my hair that was in his hand.

"n-nothing" I choke through my word as fear takes over my entire being.

Please stop, I can't do this again.

I beg him with my eyes, but the only thing in his was anger.

"Don't lie to me!" his hands found their way to my throat, holding tightly, so tightly. I could only sob as the air slowly left my body.

He doesn't like it when I fight back.

"Why do you make me do this?" his voice breaks as he looks at me with a sad expression over his face before pushing me to the ground.

"You know I don't like it when you flirt with other men." He mends down towards me and his fist connects my cheek, the force making my head hit the floor. I start to feel the slow thick blood on my cheek as the tingling numb feeling takes over. But there's more to come, it never ends with just a punch "you know when you do shit like that you hurt me!" he yells, emphasizing the word 'Me' as if I'm the one hurting at the moment.

I'm sure he is, I did hurt him. That's why he's reacting like this, it's my fault.

"You don't care about me!" I groan as his foot connects with my stomach. I can only groan, I'm not allowed to make any louder noise, it would disturb the neighbours.

"You make me feel horrible!" and another kick.

"You make me do this shit! It's all because of you!" and another.

His breaths were ragged, loud, fast. I couldn't dare look at him, I could only lay there, hands covering my head, a shaking body, listening to his footsteps, trying to predict his next move, but no matter how many times I tried, his actions always caught me by surprise.

"what else do you want?" his voice is close, but not as close, he sounds sad, upset, almost agonizing. "I love you, and I care for you. I provide for you and you still go out there and flirt with others" he's close, I can feel his bearing presence over me, his hand softly caressing my hair, as if a was a vintage doll, ever so fragile. It's the way he is, he makes me feel slightly safe, then- he kicks me right in the stomach, knocking the air out of my lungs, I can't hold it anymore, I sob and cry, as quietly as I can. The pain shattered all over my body, but mostly in my heart.

"No one will ever love you like me!" and hit after hit, I become numb to the unbearable pain, I could feel the bruises painting over my body, the blood seeping out of the cut on my face and lip decorating my face as if I was his canvas that lacked some red. Calm, familiar... normal, strange things to feel in this situation, but honest nonetheless.

Get up.

I have to, I always have to get up and make him feel better. I move my hands away from my face and slowly open my eyes to find him sitting on the sofa beside me, head down in his hands, elbows on his knees, his baby blue shirt had become a darker colour from his sweat, his body was shaking.