10 | Loud Voices

"Mom, I'm hungry"

"Me too"

I heard the kids whisper to their mothers as we all walked back to our vehicles.

"Hey Lori, Carol, I have some granola bars and maybe a pack of crackers in my bag. The kids are the priority, but I think there's enough for everyone to share." I spoke with a smile, as I quickly caught up with the pair.

"Oh! That would be great, Eleanore." Carol spoke with a thankful smile. But Lori didn't seem very pleased for some reason.

Her face looks so slappable. I just wanna high-five her... face, with a... chair.

"You had food all this time and you kept it from us?" questioned her majesty, the one who we shall not name. She looked so judgy and annoying.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know I had to sign off all my belongings to you. Do you want me to make a list for you as well? maybe count how many bandages I have?" I said to her, with the fakest smile ever. I was being childish, and I knew it, so I took a breath, wiped the stupid smile off and looked at her and said, "Look, even though I don't need to explain myself to you but I'm going to anyway. I kept these because our situation two days ago wasn't that emergent, I wanted to keep them for the worst-case scenario if we didn't find a safe place to stay or if we didn't find food. I'm sorry if I kept a couple of granola bars from your majesty." I didn't wait for her to answer and walked straight to Daryl's truck to get my bag.

In my bag, I found about 14 granola bars and a small pack of crackers that were thankfully all still intact. I ran back to Lori who was now in front of the car with Carol and the kids.

"There should be enough for everyone," I told them with a genuine smile on my face.

Everyone was thankful for the little snack even though it was very little; it was still something. And any food we found was treasure these days. We took whatever little food we had and hopped back in our cars ready to leave. What I did notice was that Daryl gave his share to the kids.

I opened my granola bar and handed it to him, "Here" I said gaining his attention. He looked at my hand and shook his head, "Come on" I said moving my hand closer to his face.

He moved his face away from my hand and gave me the annoyed side-eye saying, "I'm good"

"Dude just take it. I swear I will shove it down your throat" I said shaking the hand that had the granola bar in front of his face. He turned his face towards me with a bored look, and that was all it took.  it was decided, I was gonna shove it down his throat.

You asked for it butt head.

"I warned ya," I said with a smirk before turning my body towards him and grabbing his face and trying to shove the granola bar in his closed mouth. He tried to get away from me by moving towards his door but there was no way I was letting him go. The moving car didn't help him much either; he had to focus on the road.

"Just open your mouth!" I whined, at that point, most of my body was over to his side of the truck. I started poking and squishing his cheeks, and when he slightly opened his mouth, I took the opportunity to shove the granola in his mouth. He had no choice but to chew it, and I kept on shoving it until he almost choked. When he had the whole bar in his mouth he could barely chew and I couldn't help but giggle. I sat back in my seat still giggling, but once he turned his face towards me, I burst out in laughter. He had crumbs all around his mouth and he was still struggling to chew. He gave me a death glare but that only made me laugh even more. I could see the corners of his lips twitching up almost forming a smile. Almost. 

A Simple Coincidence // Daryl Dixonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें