5 | Locked And Loaded

Our so-called "walk", resulted in nothing new. They refused the trade. Glenn was still held captive and we still had the kid.

His people wanted the bag of guns Rick had dropped last time he was here. They said we would either bring the kid and the bag if we wanted Glenn back, or we should come back locked and loaded.

Once they had announced their terms, they left, and well we had no option but to also leave and try to come up with something.

I found this whole situation very entertaining; it was like a movie.

Well, our lives are basically a movie now, so...

Both sides were desperate, but none refused to accept that, trying to measure up to each other. It was like two weak squirrels fighting over a peanut.

I haven't had this much fun since this whole thing started; the drama is better than keeping up with the Kardashians.

Anyways, back to the serious stuff.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Daryl slapped the kid across the face while yelling at him.

I couldn't keep my laugh in, it was just too funny.

Daryl turned his attention to me looking very pissed

What a surprise

"Somethin' funny!?" he said loudly keeping his harsh glare on me. That just made me laugh even more; I covered my mouth with my hand to contain my laugh, it just wasn't working.

"Well yeah, the way you just-"I said making a slapping motion with my hand before cutting myself off, feeling the tension in the air.

Someone give me a knife so I can cut through the tension

"Sorry. Anyway, what are we gonna do?" I asked looking at Rick. He seemed like the leader type; he just had that vibe to him.

"Question is, do you trust that man's word?" T asked also looking at Rick.

"No, question is are you willing to bet on it? Could be more than them guns. could be your life. Glenn worth that to you?" Daryl disagreed

"Of course, he is, we can't just leave him here with these people," I said standing up beside Daryl.

"Stay outa this girl, ya don't even know him." He said getting in my face, trying to look intimidating but he didn't scare me one bit.

"Your brother was left behind and you threw a whole tantrum about it, now you're suggesting doing the same to an innocent guy. What does that say about you, huh?" I said in a low calm voice, taking a step closer to him while crossing my arms over my chest. he was left speechless, only left with a glare to respond with.

Damn, I'm a bad butt. Jeez, I sound like a child.

"What life I have I owe to him." Rick voiced from behind me; making me turn around to face him. "I was nobody to Glenn, just some idiot stuck in a tank. He could've walked away but he didn't. neither will I." Rick continued.

I'm starting to like this man.

"So, you're gonna hand the guns over?" Daryl asked looking slightly pissed.

Rick looked up at Daryl "I didn't say that" he said before looking at the rest of us and he continued "there's nothing keeping you three here. You should head out, head back to camp"

"And tell your family what?" T asked while running a hand over his face in frustration.

The situation was stressful, I didn't know these people for long but I was as worried and stressed as them.