"Home"

⚠︎︎ Mentions suicide⚠︎︎

Every good side has a dark side, I guess that's why she hid her evilness behind her smile.

                                       •Venus•

It's been about a month since my father and I moved from Los Angeles California, to New York. I never been to New York before,  mom and dad always goes there for their honeymoon. Well when things were going good. About a year ago my younger brother Benjamin, was diagnose with cancer. He didn't make it.

Mom always looked up to Ben, always having high hopes. But the day the doctor came in the room to tell us about Ben, nothing was the same. After Ben's funeral, mom fell into a depressed state while dad and I moved on slowly but mom remained the same. After two months mom just walked out the door at three in the morning,

She never came back. Turns out mom committed suicide,

She jumped.

My eyes stinged with tears until I heard dad's footsteps. I quickly wiped my face just in time before the door swung open. There he stood scanning my whole room trying to find something to yell at me. But just as bad luck always had me, shoved in a corner next to my bedroom window, was a box I forgot to pack this morning. Due to the fact I was exhausted from packing all day barley taking minimum breaks between.

He stomped his feet towards me as each other foot landed on the floor, it grew louder. My heart raced while my mind flooded with million thoughts.

He finally reached the end of my bed, "WHY THE FUCK, DID YOU NOT FINISH UNPACKING!" he roared as he grabbed my face squeezing it tightly.

" I- um..." I begin to speak but frozed, our eyes then connected. I can see the range he use instead of grieving. That wasn't the same guy I used to know, he's obviously is in pain but doesn't show it but he turned his pain and grieve into anger, and took it on me. I didn't think he moved on after moms death. He was happy, always having that bright cheerful smile glued to his face. That people will do anything to see a bright smile like his.

I quickly looked away as he finally released his grip. He turned his back and walked back to the door. Shutting the door behind him.

The door was inches away and then it slammed it, startling me.

I starred at the box of books shoved in the corner, I frowned and rolled my eyes as I finally got up dragging my feet toward the box. I lifted the box that only contained four books so it wasn't that heavy, as I scanned the room trying to find a spot for it until I found a perfect spot.

I walked over to my desk and shoved it under. It's wasn't like those books were important or anything, they were probably Ben's books I couldn't let go.

Not yet.

I turned off my lights leaving the room pitch black. I headed back to bed, as I slid under my covers, warming my skin once again. I needed to rest, school starts tomorrow. I already chose out what I have to wear which was a hoodie and black pants. I had my notebooks and stuff for school in my backpack waiting for me to pick up and head to school.

I shutted my eyes letting the memories floading in again, like when dad used to spin mom while dancing giving Ben and I a show. Their laughter was contagious soon after me and Ben started giggling. Now hes a heartless man that I called father.

I know I shouldn't look back at my past, but I'll give anything to have Ben and mom back.

I just want a normal family.

I opened my eyes, making the memories stop at once. I turned to my the side, feeling another tear slip an fell onto my now wet pillow from crying. I wiped my eyes, and looked at my phone. Its 11:23 P.M and I still can't sleep. At a young age I was always good hiding my feelings away, as if I had none. I always suck it up, not bothering to let it out. I took a deep breath hoping that will calm everything. I shutted my eyes again ready to shrift off to sleep.

I just hope one day someone can save me.