Escape

⚠︎︎Mentions: abusive, death, blood⚠︎︎

I opened the door and walked downstairs. My nostrils instantly filled up with the smell of cinnamon vanilla like aroma. While I walked into the kitchen, the smell got stronger while my eyes roamed around until locating Brenda who was putting down a plateful of biscuits and sweets in the middle of the table between two cups filled up with some liquid.

She glanced up to see me staring at her and a smiled formed on her face. She brushed off the crumbs off her apron after she stood up from bending over. "Ok so we have biscuits and sweets on the table as well as some tea and coffee whenever your ready to snack on!"

"Thank you Brenda they look delicious." I spoke while I walked towards the table and so did Brenda following behind me.

" I spoke while I walked towards the table and so did Brenda following behind me

(Something like this)

"I didn't know if you would like coffee or tea so I just made both!" She said with a small chuckle at the end while taking her seat across from me.

"I drink mostly tea to be honest, but both are good." I smiled at her just in time when she took her eyes off me to grab a cookie from one of plates.

I grabbed a blueberry muffin and bit into it.

Damn-

Brenda chuckle at my facial expression, "Those muffins are one of the best muffins I had ever tasted, as well as these chocolate chip cookies, my favorite."

"They are delicious, so... what's some of your hobbies?" I spoke after pushing the muffin down trying to carry on a decent conversation.

"Well dear there's not much you can do you know, I barely have any family member who rather die of age usually of health problem, and well I barely have friends." There was a brief moment of silence before she spoke again.

"There was this one girl I had grown up with, her name was Amber. She wasn't like the other girls and thats a fact." She giggled and shook her head with a bright smile on her face that showed some damage and pain behind it.