Defy

I quietly open the door less than an inch. I scanned the hallway with the tiny space between the door and the door frame. My breath became unsteady- taking in air, holding it for a few seconds before releasing it. I opened the door wider trying not to make it creak as if your walking up old steps. I walked out and stopped at the top of stair case. As I hid behind the wall, I peaked out, and in the corner of my eye, stood a woman who seems in her late 40s or early 50s. She wore a long black skirt which stopped at ankles, barely showing her feet which had brown sandals. Her top was emerald green, already ruining the color, while her face was packed with pounds of make-up.

My phone buzzed from an notification already knowing who its from, the blonde chick whose name is Mia Hendrix, the second Regina George to ever exist. I pulled out my phone from my back pants pocket, I starred at the screen looking at her text message, called it.

"Heyyy bitch!" I went back into my bedroom, shutting the door behind me. I slide down the door until I hit the floor. I texted back "hey!" before standing up and walking towards my nightstand next to my bed. My phone buzzed in my hand from another notification, as if she was waiting for me to respond within a second. I lift the phone and stopped until it was in front of my eyes to view.

"Wanna hang out tomorrow night?!"

Before I could think my hands typed in "sure" and hit send. I stared at my reply, face-palming myself. Why the fuck did you did that Venus. I felt a hundred knives being thrown across the room towards me but ended up missing an inch. I didn't even know any of the girls, its kinda weird how a group of girls approach you at a store and already invited you to go somewhere without knowing anything about you.

I'll force myself to enjoy the time we hang out tomorrow. I have to go anyways its not like I have a good excuse. I glanced at my alarm on my nightstand.

11:28 P.M

I groaned and flopped onto my bed, I stared at the ceiling while I listen to the woman and my fathers conversation. They just talked about their children and of course I was dragged in. While the woman sat and basically bragged about her only one son, James. Dad just went on and on about me being a disappointment while the woman just chuckle probably thinking what everyones first thought was. I'm one of those school rebel who bullies everyone besides her friends, drink and smoke 24/7, and hook-up as soon as I find a guy who wants to fuck.

I heard the front door open and then shuts. There was pure silence in the house, the lady can't leave, not without a goodbye. I quietly open the door same like the first time and tiptoed towards the stair case, hiding behind the wall.

There by the front door, stood a muscular boy about 5'11, dirty blonde hair with hazel eyes, reflecting off the light in the kitchen. The boy scanned the room as if he was looking for something, his eyes finished off by staring at my father who sat directly in front of him starring at him, admiring every aspect of him as if he was a God.

The woman stood up from her seat and walked towards the boy with the biggest grin, reaching ear to ear. "Liam," (my father) " this is my son James, I was just talking about". Dad let out a relief chuckle while he stood up from his seat and shook his hand while the other hand went above James back, bringing him into a man like hug before releasing.

James scanned the room again but this time a smaller piece as if he missed something the first time. His eyes looked up at the stair case where I was hiding. But I wasn't fast enough before our eyes locked, a grinned formed on his face while his hand came up just above his waist, and waved hello. I waved back hello but only to realized the woman also saw me and smiled as well. I remembered my father was right there in front of them, seeing all of it.

He turned his back faster than lighting, facing me. My eyes met his, I saw the frustration building up. I broke our eye contact, slowly tip toeing back to my room, maybe I can get away with this one.I heard my dad raised his voice but in a mannerly way since we had guests.

Fuck.