Chapter 15... Shock

I lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling.

Was that a dream... or was that my full memory..

I think to myself. Teresa was the girl in the memory? It was my mind filling the void..

I toss the blanket off of me, sitting up. I glance over at Teresa, whose fast asleep in her hammock.

I quickly and quietly change my clothes, and slip my shoes on. I open the hatch, climbing down the ladder and making sure to shut it afterwards.

I walk down the path, kicking a pebble around, lost in my head. As I step out of the forest, I snap out of it.

I quickly jog over to Frypan's kitchen, and he passes me a plate.

"Good morning Frypan," I greet, taking the plate, "Thank you."

He smiles, "Goodnorning Y/n. And you're very welcome."

I nod, and walk over to a table, sitting down.

"Good morning, Y/n, I'm surprised to see you up this early." A familiar voice says behind me.

I glance over, and grin.

"Hi Newt- but wait, hey, what the hell is that supposed to mean?" I ask.

He chuckles, sitting down in front of me.

"It means, I just didn't expect you to be awake, you and Teresa always goof off before you sleep." He shrugs.

I feel a light heat on my face, and I glance down, taking a bite of my food.

"Where's Thomas?" I ask, looking back up.

"Minho wanted him to run the maze today. And before you ask if it was his day off.. it was supposed to be. But the other runner didn't feel well." Newt shrugs. I nod.

Newt picks at his eggs, "How long you think until Teresa will be up?"

I shrug, "I dunno. Why? Like her or something?"

His head shoots up at me, "What..?!"

I roll my eyes, "I'm kidding-"

A voice cuts in, "I heard my name?"

I glance over, to see, the one and only, Teresa. Newt waves, scooting over to let her sit down. She smiles, sitting down in front of me.

I avoid her gaze, taking a few more bites of my food.

"Y/n, why didn't you wake me up? You usually do in the mornings." She asks.

"Oh uhm.." I mumble, "I don't know.. I didn't think about it. Sorry."

I take another bite, before standing up. "I'm gonna uh.. go get to work.. I'll see you guys." I quickly grab my plate.

"Really? You sure? You barely ate anything.." Newt says.

I glance down at my plate, "Yeah uhm.. yeah I'm sure." I shuffle off, handing the barely touched plate back to Frypan, who looks confused. Then, I jog away to the garden.

"Thank god I'm the only one here.." I mutter beneath my breath, grabbing a basket.

I begin to pick all the ripe berries, fruits and vegetables. Once the basket is full, I sit it down by the empty baskets, and start to water the plants that aren't fully grown yet.

I hear voices start coming closer to the garden, and I glance back. I swear beneath my breath as I grab a shovel.

"Hey Y/n!" The two greet simultaneously.