Chapter 26... Intruders?

Several months have passed since Y/n and Brenda's first kiss. They announced their new relationship to Jorge, who was more than happy that Brenda was finally happy.

Y/n was coming to terms with her new home, and her new relationship.

...

"Y/n, Y/n, wake the hell up!" Brenda yells. I groan quietly, rolling over on the bed.

She flashes a small smile at me, before tossing my clothes on the bed.

"We've spotted a group of people coming our way. There's a storm following them rather quickly. We're greeting them." She pauses.

"So get the hell up." She demands.

I sigh, letting myself roll of the bed. I then jump to my feet, stretching. I pull her close to me, pecking her lips. She grins, before pushing away from me.

"Meet me on the ground floor." She hums, exiting the room.

I look at my clothes. The outfit I met her in, it's becoming my.. formal outfit, you could say.

I slip into the jeans, throwing on a shirt and then the hood. I tie the bandana around my neck, making sure it covers my face. Then, I slip on a pair of socks, and my boots.

But that's not all. Thanks to Jorge, I now have some new... accessories.

 accessories

...

A leather gun holster, with a loaded pistol. I slip that one, attaching it to my belt.

I double check it, making sure it's loaded. I grab my knife, the same one from the glade. I sigh.

I quickly shuffle out of my room, and downstairs.

I can hear screaming over the sound of straining chains, and crank groans.

"I see you've met our guard dogs." Brenda yells over it. I quickly hop down the steps, stopping behind her. She glances back, "Glad to see you've joined me."

I simply nod my head. She starts walking down the path, and I follow her.

"Stay back!" A voice yells. I squint my eyes as the light is flashed in our faces.

"Wow. You guys look like shit." Brenda chuckles quietly, staring at the group.

My heart stops as I stare at them. I take a few steps back.

They're here. They.. they're really here.

...

"How'd you catch them?" Teresa asks, looking at Brenda.

She glances back, "Catch them? You think we're that stupid?"

I laugh a little.

"They were our friends. We just took precautions when they got the virus." Brenda shrugs.

"You chained up your friends?" Teresa asks, astonished.

"It's better than sending them to crank-land." My girlfriend shrugs again, opening the door to Jorge's office. The head quarters of this place.

"What the hell is crank-land?" Frypan asks.

"You guys really aren't from here, are you?" She looks back at them. I just shake my head, knowing the answer, as we enter.

Brenda plops down on the couch as we walk in. Several of the gruff men followed us in, surrounding who I once called friends.

"Do you ever get the feeling the whole world is against you?" Jorge asks, resting his arms on his hips as he stares at Thomas.

I sit down on the arm rest of the couch. Brenda rests her hand on my leg, causing me to smile beneath my bandana and hood.

The group look between eachother, and then glance around. Thomas's eyes linger on me for a second, before he turns back to Jorge.

"Three questions. Where did you come from. Where are you going. And how can I profit?" He asks.

Thomas stays silent. Newt looks at the man questionably. The others.. they follow Thomas's lead.

Jorge raises his glass, "Don't all answer at once."

Thunder crackles outside, as a flash of light comes through the weathered glass... it's almost like sea-glass.

Thomas speaks up, hesitantly, "We're headed for the mountains... looking for the right arm."

Several laughs erupt around us. I squint. I'd heard some of them talk about the right arm, but I didn't know who, or what it was.

Jorge grins, "You're looking for ghosts, you mean."

Jorge chugs his drink, continuing. "Question number two. Where did you come from?"

Minho speaks up this time, "That's our business."

Jorge sighs, nodding his head. The boys grab ahold of them, and Brenda reaches for her scanner.

"Ah-ah, I think I can answer this one for you." I say, standing from my seat, resting an arm on her shoulder.

"What do you mean?" Brenda asks, looking at me.

The group gives me a curious look, and Teresa.. she looks like she is getting a sort of dejavu.

"They're from the maze." I hum.

"How do you know that?" Thomas asks, pulling at the men who hold him.

"Because," I hesitate, before pulling my bandana and hood off, "I knew all of you."

They stand, silently. Teresa sheds a tear.. a piece of my heart breaks inside.

"Y/n?.. we thought you.. We thought you died.." Newt mutters.

"Nope. Still here. Alive. And royally pissed off, still." I shoot a glare at Thomas and Teresa.

I take another look at the group, "Where's everyone else? Where's Alby? Chuck?- wait, where the hell is my brother?" I shout.

Minho gulps, glancing at Thomas.

"The.. Greivers. Attacked again. Alby died... we escaped. Gally didn't want us leaving, but we did anyways. We escaped... Wicked was supposedly dead. Uhm..." Thomas pauses.

"Go on.." I mumble.

"Gally got stung. As we were leaving.. he wanted to kill us.. for a number of reasons, but for the main one.. for letting you leave. For making you leave.." Thomas stops.

"Thomas," I step towards him, "Where the hell is my brother?"

"He tried killing Chuck, Y/n. In fact, he did. I'm sorry.. I- I had to try to save Chuck.." Minho mutters. I look at him.

"You killed Gally? You killed my brother?" I shout. He nods. I go to punch him, but somebody grabs my fist.

I glance back, to see Jorge holding it. A tear falls from my face.

"Y/n, we don't want to damage them now.. they're from Wicked. Which makes them.. very valuable." He hums.

I yank my fist away from him, and storm off, avoiding the gazes from Jorge, and Brenda. And my friends. Especially my friends...