Chapter 27... Hurt

I hear someone knock on my door. I glance up sniffling and quickly wiping tears from my face.

"Hey.. you okay?" Brenda asks, slowly entering. She shuts the door behind her and walks over to me. She sits on the floor beside me.

"My brother he's.. gone.." I mumble quietly.

"Minho killed him..." I whisper again.

She frowns, "From what I heard, he tried saving someone else from your brother."

I shake my head, "They said he got stung.. they said he killed the kid but.. he didn't deserve to get killed with him.."

I bury my face into my knees, whaling into them. Shaking. I feel Brenda wrap her arms around me.

"When you're ready.. they wanted to see you. They're in the big tower room.. thing. You know what I'm talking about, right?" She asks, standing from the floor.

I nod my head, "Yeah, I do."

"Okay. Go in when you're ready." She hums.

She exits the room, and I sigh. Might as well get it over with, right?

After a few minutes, I stand, wiping the tears from my face. I steady my breath, and exit.

Third Person POV

The girl adjusts her hood, letting it sit halfway on her head. Her bandana rests on her chest.

Her cheeks are tear-stained, and her face puffy and red from crying. Her eyes are bloodshot. She still hasn't gotten enough sleep.

She refuses to sleep with Brenda. Because she doesn't want to try to sleep. She doesn't want to wake up screaming around her. She can't.

The girl hesitates, opening the door.

Y/n's POV

I swing the door open, staring at them. All of them dangling upside down, tied by their feet, a string to each, holding them from the ceiling.

"What did you guys need me for?" I mutter, shutting the door behind me.

"Well for starters, can you let us down?" Thomas asks.

I shake my head, "Nope. That's a no-can-do." I shrug, leaning back against the metal walls.

"Y/n, what the hell!" Thomas groans, "We're gonna pass out like this."

I chuckle, "I did too. When I first met Jorge and Brenda, I'd walked into a trap. An arrow went through my leg— the same one that was infected, mind you. And I was flung into the air. You guys are getting it easy, trust me."

Thomas glares, but it's funny looking. He's upside down, glaring at me. Something just isn't right about that.

"How'd you get here? How long have you been here?" Newt asks. I smile a little at his accent.

"When I escaped the Glade, I ran. Fell into some cities. Met a couple angry cranks." I shrug, "Crossed a desert. Hid beneath cars at night, and traveled towards the lights. Eventually I arrived. I've been here for a couple months now."

"What's that guy and girl gonna do to us?" Thomas asks.

"Hm. Well, I think they've already called Wicked." I hum, a sly grin on my face.

"What the hell, Y/n! You can't send us back there, they'll kill us!" Minho yells.

I glare, standing up. I pull my pistol from my holster, aiming it at him.

"I could fucking kill you right now, shank. And trust me, I want to. But according to Brenda, I should save my conscious the trouble." I snap.

"And what's she, your new girlfriend?" Teresa finally speaks up. I look at her.

"It's not like you would care. You ran off to Thomas, remember?" I spit, letting my hand fall back to my side.

"Heya Y/n." Jorge greets, turning to the boys, and Teresa, "Enjoying the view?"

"The hell do you want." Thomas spits.

Jorge walks over, and I walk beside him, "That, is the question. My men, want to sell you back to Wicked. Life has taught them to think small."

I glance at Jorge, listening to what he has to say. I can feel Teresa's gaze on me. Just like it used to be. Something that.. can penetrate my soul. Make me crumble to my knees.

"I'm not like that.. and something tells me that you're not either." Jorge continues.

Minho speaks up, "Is it the blood rushing to my head, or is this shank not making any sense?"

Jorge points his stick at them all, "Tell me, what you know, about the Right Arm." He demands.

"I thought you said they were ghosts," Newt says, causing me to look at them.

"From what I've heard, they are." I mutter.

"I happen to believe in ghosts." Jorge smirks, and a small smile forms on my face, "Especially when I hear them... chattering on the air-waves."

Jorge shuffles over to the lever that holds them all in the air, "You tell me what you know, and maybe we can make a deal."

I eye him suspiciously.

Thomas hesitates, "We.. we don't know much."Jorge pushes the lever, letting them drop a little. They all scream and plead.

"Okay, okay!! They're hiding in the mountains! And they attacked Wicked.. they got out a bunch of kids, that's it, that's all we know!" Thomas yells.

"Hey Jorge, whatcha doin?" A man yells, walking in.

"Me and our new friends.. we were just getting acquainted." Jorge replies.

"We're done now." He says. The man eyes him, not believing it.

Thomas stares at him, "Hey wait, you're not gonna help us?"

"Don't worry hermano, we'll get you back to where you belong." Jorge smirks, exiting the room.

Barkley, the man, turns to me. I go to walk passed him, but he grabs my arm, roughly.

"Get your hand off me, Barkley." I snap, glaring up at him.

"You should be hanging there with them." He spits at me.

"Yeah? Well guess who has the gun." I glare at him, raising my other arm, flaunting the pistol in my hand. He lets go of me, and I walk out of the room.

...