Chapter 34... Tunnels

//AYYYEEE WE HIT 2K!!//

"You fucking dumbasses.. all four of you!" Brenda yells, shooting glares at all of us from her seat upfront.

I sigh, "For the record, this dumbass here woke me up to get me to join them."

I gently slap Newt's shoulder. Brenda rolls her eyes, "I'm glad you're okay."

I chuckle, "Me too."

"I'm surprised. You guys made it almost a whole day." Jorge says.

"But don't get your hopes up. That checkpoint was the cities last defense. If it's overrun, chances are the city is too." He continues.

I sigh, leaning back in my seat.

"Yeah.. unless they've figured out some other way to keep the cranks out.." Newt says, looking out the window. We all look in his direction.

Jorge slams on breaks, causing me to slam my head into the Brenda's seat. I grumble, hopping out after everybody else.

Newt sighs, "Funny.. I spent three years behind walls trying to break out.. and now we want to break back in?"

I glance at him, "I mean.. I did it on my own. I think it'd be rather easy breaking in there."

I give them all a sweet smile, "Who would deny this pretty face of mine?"

They all shrug. I walk to the edge of the cliff, examining the city from where I can see it.

"What do you think's in there?" Newt asks, walking up beside me.

"I don't know..." I mumble.

"You know she's gonna be in there too?"

I glance at Newt, "I know.."

...

"Hey.. Y/n-" Thomas looks around, "I think we're being followed.."

I glance around. I spot several men in masks with guns. We'd seen them before.. riding on two vans. They were closing in on us.

Suddenly, Thomas, Newt and I are shoved into a truck. The others into another one. I yell as the doors are slammed shut.

Only minutes ago were the walls shooting down on civilians- survived. Odd. Anyway.

A few minutes later, and they swing open. The van doors, not the civilians. We all hop out, and see Jorge on top of someone.

"Woah hey, I'm right here.. calm down.." Brenda yells. Jorge looks up.

"Hey, we're on the same side here!" A man in a mask yells.

"Yeah what do you mean , same side? Who the hell are you?!" Thomas yells, shoving a soldier off of him.

The man stares at us, eyeing us all from behind the red mask.

Suddenly, he takes the mask off, letting it fall to the cracked concrete floor.

"Hey Greenie." Gally hums, staring at Thomas.

I take a step back, staring at my brother. Alive.

"Gally..?" Thomas mutters.

A few moments of silence come to an end as Thomas punches him. I, along with several others, yell for him to stop.

"Stop, hey, it's alright it's alright!" Gally yells as his boys raise guns at Thomas.

Newt quickly grabs ahold of Thomas's fist, managing to get him off of Gally, convincing him not to punch him again.