Chapter 33... Prosthetic

//I JUST REALIZED THErRE IS NO CHAPTER 28 WHAT THE FUCK- lmfao whoops.//

//Also sorry. There's a shit load going on right now. But.. I figured out what kind of truck I'm getting in the next few years... :D //

...

"Heyyy, Vince." I greet the man. He glances at me.

"Hey kid. What's up?" He asks.

I glance down at my new prosthetic leg, "I was wondering if you have any sand paper.. I want to scrape these logos off." I shrug my shoulders.

He opens a drawer, digging in it before turning and handing me a piece of sandpaper.

"Thank you!~" I hum in a sing song voice, walking out of the room, with a slight wobble.

I'm still not used to walking with this stupid piece of plastic. Why the hell did I have to lose my leg. Why can't I remember any of it.

//anyone have some alternative dystopian styles plot ideas by chance? Like something they'd want to see in a movie, show or book? I need stuff to get my mind rolling.//

"Boo!" Somebody yells behind me. I jump, spinning around.

Brenda giggles at my reaction. I give her a playful glare.

"You asshole.." I whine.

She grabs my waist, pulling me close to her, "Aw come on.. babe."

Her voice brings a smile to my face. And she clearly knows it too.

After taking a look around, she pushes me back into a concrete wall, placing a kiss on my lips. I kiss her back, and pull away.

She frowns, but not before beginning to attack my neck, leaving hickeys. I gaps quietly.

"Oh Brenda.. come on.." I mumble, "I was hoping to be semi-productive today.."

She laughs a little, pulling back, "Okay, fine. I'll let you get stuff done.. but we're finishing that tonight."

Butterflies. God, this girl is gonna kill me.

I smirk, nodding, "Thank you."

I take her hand, walking away, towards a small shed. I'd taken it as my own, to sleep away from everyone else. The only reason it was allowed was because of my nightmares.

Brenda still didn't know about them.. at least, not that I'd told her. She knew something was up, but not what it was about. Newt shares the shed with me, in case of them.

...

"I see you've made the place pretty nice." Brenda hums, leaning in the doorway. I glance around.

"Yeah.. with what we have, we did. My bed, his bed. Some space for our belongings.. it's nice." I smile.

I sit down on my bed, taking the prosthetic off. I grab the sandpaper, beginning to rub the logos off of it.

"Mhm.. might I ask, why I was never invited?" She asks. I don't look at her.

"After everything... I'd prefer you stay safer, closer to the guns."

She sighs, and I hear her shuffle off, away from my shed.

...

"Y/n, wake up..." a voice whispers to me.

I slowly open my eyes, glancing up. I see Newt in front of me.

"What.." I mutter.

"Come on.. Thomas is gonna do something wreckless, and I'd prefer we prevent that.." he says.

I sit up, rubbing my eyes, "Fine.."

He nods, and leaves the shed quietly. I quickly put the prosthetic on, and my clothes... (enter here the outfit we met Brenda in- or whatever it was... the hood and pants and stuff.)

I place the pistol Vince lended me into my new holster, along with a dagger.

"Y/n, you ready?" Newt asks from outside, quietly.

"Yep.." I whisper, shuffling outside. He smiles, giving me a small hug, and we rush off to the truck.

..

//we're so close to 1000...//

"Thomas this is a really bad idea.." I mutter, as the vehicle pulls to a slowed stop in front of a tunnel, that appears to once have been a quarantine zone.

Newt chimes in, in agreement, "Yeah.. if there's any cranks, this is where they'd be, mate."

Thomas shakes his head, "I want to find Minho."

"Thomas, so do we! But we're risking it all trying to. I don't want to lose anyone else in the process." I say.

He turns around in his seat to look at me. I gulp.

"Y/n... you lost the right to have a say in any of this when you abandoned us in the maze." Thomas glares at me.

I glare back, "I was infected. And if you haven't noticed," I pull the leg of my pants up, "I seem to have paid for that now."

He scoffs.

"Are you guys done arguing?" Frypan asks, "If we're doing this, we're doing it. Roll your Windows up."

I spin the old, rickety plastic handle as the window goes up. Newt and Thomas do the same. Frypan slowly pulls into the dark tunnel, turning the bright headlights on...

And into the darkness we go.