Chapter 23... 1 Month Free

//If you'd like, feel free to play the music. I just thought it'd fit what I'm planning to write this chapter :) //

...

It's been one month. I'm one month free of hell. Of... the glade. Being stuck with people I loved, and people I thought would never hurt me.

I sigh, glancing around the rather large desert. I've been running every day. It's hard when I don't have much.. barely anything to eat, only a little water left.

I'd found a mall. There were.. these, zombie like creatures inside. Luckily I stayed close to the exit. I grabbed what I thought was useful and bolted.

And now? I just walk. Every night, I've seen lights in the distant.. on some.. mountain. That's where I've been running.

The darkness is slowly setting in. I glance around, spotting a tipped over vehicle. Covered in rust and chipped white paint.

I sigh, shaking it a little. It doesn't wobble. Good.

I climb beneath it, sitting under the bed of the truck, which is now acting as a roof. Debris lies around. Some old wooden platforms, old barrels that are significantly less rusty than the truck.

I shove them to block off the way I got in, and any other way someone, or something could snake it's way in here. After I'm satisfied with my work, I relax.

Taking my bag off my shoulder, I pull out a change of clothes.

Which.. is..

 is

Beneath the hooded grayish green jacket, is a tan long sleeve shirt

I stuff my old clothes back into my bag, taking a sip of my water. I'm nearly out, shit.

I sigh, closing my eyes as the darkness sets.

..

By the time the sun rises, I'm already awake. Taking another sip of water, my stomach growls.

I fix my jacket, pulling my hood over my head, and my bandana up, over my face.

I push one of the wooden platforms out of my way, crawling out from beneath the truck and slinging the bag over my shoulder.

"Much closer than I was yesterday.." I mutter, and begin the long walk.. to the unknown lit up building.

I hope whoever is there, is friendly. I've gone through many lengths to get so far. If I've done so just to get shot.. that's unfortunate. And I'll be pissed.

"Maybe I'll make it today.." I mumble to myself. It wasn't too far ahead. If I spend my time well, I could make it.

I begin to jog forward.

...

The light is slowly setting, as I step closer and closer to the building.

I've made it.. I've actually made it. I've been at this for days, and I finally have arrived at the building. The lights.

I glance around, walking towards what looks like a smaller building to the side.

I enter it cautiously.

"Hello..?" I call out, grabbing my knife from my pocket and flipping it open.

I take another step, feeling something plunge into my leg. I scream out in pain, before getting flung into the air.

An arrow. In my leg. That has now sent me flying up. And now I'm dangling in the air, in pain.

"Oh what the.. fuck.." I mutter. I dropped my knife in the process of getting sent to fly.

The doors in front of me sling open. I squint, blocking my eyes at the sudden influx of light.

Before me, stands a woman. She looks close to my age.. maybe even my age. Behind her stands two muscular guys, with gray beards.. tattoos. Guns.

I stare at them, "Is this your doing?" I groan.

I can feel blood dripping down- technically up my legs.

"No. That's your doing, pay attention to where to walk, stranger." The girl says, stepping closer to me. She points her foot at a string on the floor. I must've tripped it.

"What the hell.." I mutter.

I let my arms fall with gravity, the same way my hair is. I can feel blood rushing to my head.

"Would you mind letting me down?" I ask, staring at her, and her men.

"Hmm.. I'm not sure if I really want to.. you see," she crouches down in front of me, now eye level.

"We don't know you, not a single thing about you. So until we do, you're going to stay there." She hums.

I glare, "Yeah? That's a dumb plan."

"Oh, you wanna play it the hard way then.." She stands up, squeezing my injured leg.

I scream out in pain, before biting my lip.

"you- bitch!" I grimace, "I meant.. leave me hung up, in pain, and probably gonna.. pass out.. great plan..." I mutter.

"Why is everything spinning.." I mumble. I start seeing two of everything.

Two of this girl... two of each of the men.. unless she has a twin... and more men walked in?

"Damn. Get Jorge to prep.."

Everything begins to fade out, into blackness.