Chapter 13

Aching was the first thing I felt when I woke. A terrible aching pain everywhere. My chest, my eyes... It all hurt. I opened my eyes, peering at my surroundings.

The room was lit by candles. The dark grey curtains over the window were drawn tightly. Though I was sure it was the same room I was kept in before, it felt much better. If only I could've enjoyed the comfort.

That aching pain I had before had only increased. I could feel my heart pounding loudly in my ears. It felt horrible. I wanted it to stop.

Clacks sounded outside the door. Assuming it was Miranda, I sat up, trying ignore the pain that lingered still in me.

She opened the door slowly, just as the clock rang out to mark the hour. Poking her head in, she looked at me, semi-relived that I was awake. "Hello, dear. How are you feeling?" she said, coming fully in the room, and sitting down in the chair next to me.

I looked drearily, "I suppose I'm fi-" my sentence was interrupted by a wince of pain from myself. I looked up at Miranda, who looked annoyed, like she knew I wasn't fine, "Um... There's an aching pain, all over my body."

Miranda scanned me up and down. Searching me for an indication. "Perhaps we should go to the north end of the village. There's fresher air there."

Though it seemed that she was asking, I didn't have a say. She said that the next day we would go to the other end of the village, taken that we were near the South.

So, I mentally prepared myself for a long journey.

Update:
Juliet's last name has been changed to Stone, since her backstory has had a little change.