Chapter 16

The sound of rushing wind filled my ears as the wind outside became even more violent.

I dropped to the floor on my knees. I was startled by the power of my own emotions. Tears flooded my eyes as I became even more worried and stressed.

Why I was having a breakdown, I'm not sure. Perhaps it was because, as I've said many times before, the fact that everything had been changing ever so quickly. It was just too much for me to take.

My breathe was taken away from me, and I could hear my heart pounding in my ears. The tears pooled in my eyes finally let loose, the stinging sensation let go of my eyes too. My vision became blurry.

Wind pounded even harder at the sides of the cottage.

Everything started to hurt again, but not in the severe aching pain that I had experienced before. It was stinging. Quick but painful.

   I managed to get myself together a few minutes later. The stinging pain went away, tears stopped coming from my eyes, the beat of my heart returned from my ears to my chest, and I could see and breathe normally once again.

Standing up from the floor, the last thing I noticed was, once again, the wind. It had stopped beating against the side of the cottage and only blew enough for the leaves on the trees to shake.

Again, I haven't the slightest idea of why I had such a severe meltdown. It just happened for no reason.

I fell onto the couch from where I once sat. My head fell back and my eyes closed. I tried to think of happy thoughts.

To my surprise, Mr. Thomas Brown popped into my head.

His humor, intelligence, and kindness flooded into my mind. And I could never forget his eyes. Those deep brown eyes that I could never seem to look away from.

I shook myself from my thoughts. What was I thinking? He probably didn't even like me like that...

Though, deep inside me, I knew that I wished he did.