Chapter 14

I didn't sleep that night. Partly because of the pain which still held true. The other reason was that there were so many thoughts whirling around my head. There was so much happening at one time, it was far too much for me.

But, I didn't have the energy nor strength within me to try and change anything. Despite my best efforts, which were brief and utterly pointless, everything was going the exact opposite way of my intentions.

My thoughts drifted to my mother, God rest her soul. She always had said that I would get my own fairytale.

That I would one day fall in love, become a princess, have animals talk to me... Everything.

But as far as I was concerned, I didn't get my fairytale yet. Or, if I was in it, I hated it. No love, princesses, or cute fluffy bunnies here. Just a black raven and no hope.

The trip to the other side of the village was hard to say the least. It didn't help with the fact that my body was in extreme pain everywhere.

Mother Miranda shielded me in her great black wings while we were traveling. It didn't take as long as I thought it would, but perhaps it was because Mother Miranda was using a trick of some kind. I knew she could do an array of things, perhaps traveling or flying extremely fast was one of them.

We arrived at the North end of the village, in front of a small cottage. Smaller than Miranda's.

Suddenly, the ache in my body subsided. It wasn't immediate, but it went away rather quickly.

Currently, Mother Miranda had me clutching her shoulders so I could stand, since I could barely stand with the pain. But now, I could stand by myself.

Miranda looked at me in awe as I slowly stood straight up. Her hands rushed to my left shoulder and arm. "How are you...?" she asked breathless, I shook my head, in wonder as much her.

"Let's get you inside, just in case," Miranda said, hustling me inside the little house.

She instructed me to sit on the couch while she got something. So, I sat and waited.