Chapter 23

I had been living in Stone Manor for three days. It felt like home. I was all settled in, and everything perfectly homey.

But, for nostalgia's sake, I wanted to go back to my old home. My little cottage secluded in the density of pine trees. The small section of the woods that belonged to my family for so many years.

So, one rainy spring day, I turned into a hawk and flew across the village towards the south side.

While flying, I very much hoped that no villager would try to shoot me down.

After a while, I finally made it. I turned back to my normal state and looked around the place.

It was rundown, shabby and desolate. Nothing like how I imagined it would be. Nothing like the home I remembered.

The only thing brightening the dreary place was a note with a bundle of sunflowers near it.

I stepped forward, and read the note.

"Dear Ms. Juliet Stone,
How are you? I haven't seen you in some time. I thought I would drop off these flowers for you. I hope to see you soon.

Sincerely,
Thomas Brown"

Thomas Brown. The man that made my heart skip a beat every time I thought of him.

But, while I was reminiscing of the wonderful man, I didn't notice the sound of the snow crunching behind me.

"Juliet?" a man's voice said, startling me out of my thoughts. I turned around quickly, my breathe hitching. Tears flooded my eyes. My hands went up to my mouth. My chest felt heavy.

"Thomas...?"