Chapter 49

"But... you're working with Miranda," he said, still backing away from me. I sighed, "Things have changed." Ethan stared at me blankly. But, instead of looking into his eyes, I looked at his still bleeding ankle. His hands were covered with deep red blood.

I slowly pried his hands away from the wound and inspected it. A deep gash cut into his right ankle. My hand covered it, pressing gently, "Mr. Winters, how did this happen?"

I felt as if I were talking to a child.

Ethan spoke slowly, "There was a piece of metal sticking out of the wall..." I raised an eyebrow, "Where?" He pointed to the side wall and a sharp pointed spike of iron that stuck out of it. And here I thought my dungeons were secure.

I looked up at the wounded man, "Don't move." Then, I stood and went over to her spike and took the hem of my dress to it.

In one swift motion, a portion of my dress was cut off. It reminded me of my arm.

Walking back to Ethan, he seemed shocked that I was helping him. "What are you doing?!" he spoke irately as I wrapped the, now bloodied, black portion of my dress around his wound, sometimes accidentally prodding at it with my long, sharp nails.

"What does it look like?" I answered his question with another immediately. I wasn't sure why I was so snappy and mean that day, but at least I was still alive.

After I was done, Ethan inspected the makeshift bandage I was forced to make since we both had nothing to help him.

He looked at me, "...Do you really want to help me?" I simply nodded and stood, holding my hand out to him. He took it and I guided him to where his weapons were left.

Little did I know at the time that there was another weapon on the table. One that could have very serious consequences to both me and Mr. Winters.

The Bow of Death's Call is something I had crafted a century ago when Thomas died. It was meant to kill Cadou infected individuals. Specifically me.

Since, again at the time I wasn't aware the bow was even in the same room, I left Ethan to his own devices to make sure that everything in the manor was secure.

But, unluckily for me, the note I had craved into the bow was still there. And Ethan read it. Now, I was in danger.

Now... I could be killed.