𝟎𝟓 | 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐞.

The plan turned out better than you all expected, making the speedy trip to HQ smooth sailing

The grey, castle-like building was absolutely crawling with pure Titans. They walked around it's surrounding streets, climbed on it. Some Titans even managed to get on top of it. But all of this only egged the Attack Titan on. It immediately got to work, punching Titans left and right while you, Connie, Armin, and Mikasa found a convenient route to get in the building.

Armin shrieked in terror before you all crashed through the HQ windows at a speed that made the shattered glass feel like nothing. Your adrenaline was pumping. You got to your feet with ease, shaking off small pieces of glass that stuck to your clothing.

"What the hell?!" Jean shouted in disbelief.

"That was a close one! I was running on just fumes!" Connie exclaimed as he took out his empty tanks.

The large room you stood in was an absolute disaster. Desks and tables were flipped over and pushed around the room; the bookshelves lining the wall were practically empty, seeing as all the books and their ripped pages were scattered along the cherry wood flooring; there were splatters of blood in some areas, as well as discarded shotguns.

Hell, there was even a gigantic hole in one of the brick walls. It gave everyone a front row seat to the mayhem happening outside the building.

"A-Am I dreaming? Or what?" Jean sputtered as he inched closer to your unbothered statures.

In response, you reached over and pinched his arm.

"Ow!" Jean flinched, swatting your hand away.

"Does that answer your question?" Mikasa deadpanned.

You know what, Mikasa? I like your attitude, you thought to yourself with a smile.

"Armin, you're a certified genius!" Connie announced happily. He slapped Armin's back in his own friendly way, earning a wince from Armin. "From now on, your word is law." Connie caught sight of Jean before standing up to point out of the hole in the wall, "Check this out! We found an abnormal that likes to fight its own kind! And the best part? He doesn't give a damn about us!"