Chapter 6: Attack

Optimus's POV

Alias was laying on an energon cloth, sleeping. She was sweating profusely and shaking her head softly. What surprised me was the soft blue glow around her.

Ultra Magnus was in recharge, but he was glowing blue too.

"What is going on?" Wheeljack asked through the cramped doorway.

I stepped forward and got ready to wake him up, but them Smokescreen pushed his way past me and held out a hand.

"Wait! Uh, I heard about this from Alpha Trion. He said it was an ancient way that Primus used to speak with Primes." Smokescreen said.

"But Ultra Magnus is not a Prime and Primus is dead." I said in confusion.

"Yeah, but... you know..." Smokescreen muttered.

I looked at Ultra Magnus and the girl worriedly. I didn't know what was going on, but I intend to find out.

Because Megatron clearly did.

Alias's POV

I sat on Ultra Magnus's shoulder and listened as he spoke to everyone. I kept moving around when I was on the ground and it was making Ratchet angry, so Ultra Magnus moved me there.

"I was working on your ship. You can expect a ten percent increase in vector thrust." He said.

Wow, someone wants to get on Ultra Magnus's good side. Or get away from him.

I heard an enginr thruster and looked over. Optimus was back. Everyone ran over and greeted him, glad he was back.

Wow. They really didn't like Ultra Magnus in charge. Sucker. I told him to be nicer.

Optimus explained the situation to the bots while Ultra Magnus listened from afar.

"Why do you sit here like an outcast? Go join them." I said.

I saw Optimus falter during his speech to look at us before continuing.

"I can hear just fine from where I stand." He replied.

"Yeah, but you're not helping your case." I grumbled.

"I don't have a case right now. I'm in base." He answered before walking over to the door to watch as soldiers marched by.

They all ran in synch, exactly how they were trained to do. I could see why Magnus yearned for that, but he would not get it.

"Did you have lots of troops back on Cybertron?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Mm. You know, when you aren't working closely with anyone, it's easier to order them around. But when you're company is small, you have to be a friend." I told him.

"What do you mean?"

"You lead armies, not teams. In a team, you work together." I explained.

"Wise words." He said.

"I'm a wise fugitive." I smirked.

He smiled softly.

"Ultra Magnus. I noticed something is bothering you. What is it?" Optimus asked.

Magnus turned around and looked at him, before glancing down at me and back.

"I had a misunderstanding about our team, but it seems Alias is wise beyond her years." Magnus answered.

I blushed slightly at the praise.

Optimus nodded, "That is good."

"Optimus." Ratchet suddenly said, "Our scanners have detected exposed energon."