Chapter 10: Waking Up

Magnus's POV

"Ratchet, I need an immediate groundbridge."

"What is it this time, Magnus? You found another lead?" Ratchet asked, exasperated and annoyed.

"No Ratchet. I have Alias. And she's in critical condition." Before I even finished speaking, there was groundbridge in front of me.

I saw Ratchet waiting right on the other side. I transformed slowly as Ratchet spoke.

"I can't believe you found her!" He exclaimed. "I thought you were chasing loose ends!"

"I know." I said grumpily as I handed her over carefully.

Ratchet cringed, looking down at her tiny, broken body.

Ever since he made the holoforms, we haven't needed Nurse Darby or any of the other doctors we have come to meet at our military base.

He transformed and turned off, but I kind of wished he did need help. So I could see.

Now I just had to sit and listen as his holoforms operated inside of his vehicle mode, because the ambulance part was well stocked with human medical supplies.

About half an hour later, the comms turned on and because Ratchet was busy, ut was my job to answer.

"Ratchet, come in, this is Smokescreen."

"Ultra Magnus here. Ratchet is busy." I answered.

"Your actually at base for once?" Smokescreen asked incredulously.

"Did you need something Smokescreen?" I asked, ignoring his annoying question.

"No actually, I was just going to ask Ratchet about yo- About how things were going with the search for Alias. Everyone is busy and I have nothing better to do." He said.

I sighed, "The search went well. Ratchet is operating on Alias as we speak."

"Huh?"

"She was injured during our time apart and being cared for by her old team. They only found her about a week ago-"

"Only a week!? Where has she been!?" Smokescreen exclaimed.

"I don't-"

"Where has who been?" I heard in the background.

"Arcee, you're not going to believe this, but Magnus actually found Alias! She's at their base!" Smokescreen exclaimed.

"What!? I'm going to go tell the team!" She said excitedly.

"Wait, Arcee, Alias isn't-"

The connection shut off and I tried to comm the back but nobody answered.

I sighed. Did Smokescreen not hear me say that Ratchet was operating on her?

I heard a shifting noise and looked backwards quickly as Ratchet transformed.

"That was fast." I said worriedly.

"Humans can't be repaired the same way we can. Working any longer would have been fruitless." Ratchet told me.

"So how is she?" I asked, walking over as Ratchet got a human medical bed out.

"The wounds are mostly on the surface, but other than that she has a cracked rib and is in a drug induced coma. She will wake back up within an hour when the drugs wear off. I was able to completely repair her wings however, but they should be watched anyway, just incase." He reported.

I nodded, looking back at Alias. We knew her for less than a week before she was taken from us. By Primus. For our savior and creator of life on Cybertron, he really was starting to get a bad reputation.