Chapter 9: Finding Alias

Magnus's POV

I watched as the teenagers snuck quietly out of the orphanage and ran into the woods. I kept an eye out for my charge, but I didn't see her.

I waited until I was sure everyone had left the building, and by that, I mean it blew up.

Then I drove towards the woods until I found their campsite, about a dozen tents clustered next to each other and there was a campfire off to the side, where kids were laughing an dancing.

I drove closer and noticed someone in the trees as they blew a horn and jumped down, before aiming a bow at my shield.

"Reveal yourself!" The acne covered teen yelled.

"I wish to speak to your leader." I said calmly as more teens began to aim weapons at me.

"Then get out!" He yelled and the others cheered in agreement.

I saw a tent flap shift and a familiar silhouette stepped out, not Alias, but it was the girl from the mountain that we saw when I first met Alias.

She carried a decorated spear in her hand and had a hemet on.

She stepped past everyone else and they quieted down.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"I am a friend of Alias's." I said.

Everyone exchanged glances that made me nervous.

"We know nobody with that name." The girl said.

I paused, annoyed.

"Yes you do." I said.

"Come out of the vehicle." She said.

"Tell me where Alias is and I will." I told her.

"You come out and we'll consider revealing the cabin she hides in. Do not come out and we will never say and you shall never find. It is far far away." She said.

I growled and she took a step back, pointing the spear at my windshield.

"Come out!" She shouted.

"Do you promise to tell me where she is?" I asked.

"No! Get out and let us talk like civilized people!" She yelled, rearing her arm back in warning.

I really hated using this, because it made me less aware of what was going on in and around my alt mode, but...

I opened my door and turned myself off, allowing my consciousness to bleed into the holoform as it stepped out and faced the warrior children.

I closed the door.

"You come in peace?" She asked.

"Unless you've killed her." I told them.

"We would not kill Alias." She said, lowering her spear.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"I ask the questions first." She told me. "How did you find us?"

"I have a connection in the government-"

Everyone raised their weapons again, execpt the girl, but she continued to listen, only narrowing her eyes.

"He called me when they found you. I've pardoned your group of all crimes because Agent Fowler trusts Alias enough to believe your group is working for the right reasons." I explained.

She rose her eyebrows, "Agent Fowler? He would never trust Alias."

"He would after what happened." I said.