Chapter 11: Silver Stake

Alias's POV

I frowned, watching the shadows quietly. I didn't dare move.

What if they saw me? All this time, trying to escape would have been for nothing. And the punishment for trying to escape again... It would be severe.

Just as the round of soliders passed by, another group turned the corner.

How was I ever going to get out with security so tight? And I was certainly in no condition to fight.

I bit my lip and started backing up through the cramped air vent. Maybe I could find another tunnel on less patrolled corridors. After all, they couldn't possibly be everywhere.

If I was going to get out of here, I'd need an advantage over these guards. I needed my sword.

I closed my eyes and sighed, breathing out shakily. For a moment, I felt nothing, and then a small familiar feeling returned to my fingers. I looked to the left and grinned.

Making my way through the vents, I could hear the shouting of guards around the complex, giving orders and running to find me.

This was my fourth escape attempt and I did not plan on letting it go to waste. I would not fail again. I was getting out of here.

I felt the sword near and another vent opening neared. I peered through it into the room and narrowed my eyes.

Four guards. One me. One sword.

I can do this.

I looked around the room and frowned, until my eyes finally stopped on a glinting silver sword, sleek and shinning in all it's glory.

You're not getting away from me this time.

I kicked against the vent and immediately, the four guards snapped to attention.

"It's her!" They yelled, raising their guns to the roof.

I kicked it again and the vent door popped off. Without hesitation, I lunged out, tackling one of them to the ground.

"Take her alive!" One of them yelled.

I slammed the first guard's head into a table and whirled around, using his body as a shield against the taser launched at me.

"Circle around!"

I threw the limp body to the side and it crashed into one of the guards. He fell over, but I didn't wait to see what happened. I was already on the move, slamming my fist into another guard.

He stumbled back and I whirled around as another guard swung a fist at my face. I ducked, kicking his ankle. There was a satisfying snap and the man crumpled to the ground in pain.

The guard who had been trapped under a body was up and I turned just in time for him to try and tase me. I grabbed his arm and pushed it up, kneeing the man in the stomach. He grunted and bent over, so I elbowed the back of his head.

Two down.

I ran toward the shelf, where one of the men was pulling himself up. He looked up just in time for me to punch him and his face rammed right into the metal shelf, knocking him out.

I grabbed the sword and turned around, ready to take down turned around, ready to take down the last man.

He was right next to me and I ducked too slow. His fist rammed into my face and I tripped over the other guy, falling on my butt. He pulled out his taser, but I swung my sword, slicing it in half.