Chapter 12: Have Faith

Ultra Magnus's POV

I watched quietly as Alias suffered through Ratchet's continuous poking and prodding. Or should I say, as Ratchet suffering through Alias's continuous complaining.

Most of the Autobots had left hours ago to get back to Cybertron. They had work to do in their various positions. New Iacon was nearly done being rebuilt.

Optimus had almost convinced me to go back to Cybertron and settle down like the rest of them. I had been the second in command of the Autobots. I was a legend.

But I had to find Alias.

And now she was here.

I'd noticed a few things. Alias had been so... annoying and loud mouthed before. Now she was quieter. More distant.

Something horrible happened to her, that much was evident. Alias was tough and broken. I wanted to help her, but she was being a little too tough. A little too broken.

I looked away as the doors opened and two adults stepped through.

"I'm back, baby!" Miko grinned, pulling Jack further into the base.

"Ugh, Ratchet, let me down." Alias smacked the medic's hand and tried to look at them. "My peeps are here!"

Ratchet rolled his eyes and picked her up before lowering the girl to the floor and setting her in a wheelchair.

"Bro! You're alive!" Miko exclaimed.

"Better believe it." Alias smirked. "Hey Jack."

"Hey." He smiled. "You're looking... terrible actually."

She rolled her eyes as Miko smacked him. "Gee, thanks."

"So where is Raf?" Alias questioned.

Both of the humans deflated and Miko looked away.

"Raf..." Jack sighed. "He was killed."

"What?" Alias's eyes went wide. "What happened!?"

"He took jobs for the military, hacking and all. But one day, the mission went wrong and Raf got caught." Jack looked down. "He died a hero."

Alias closed her eyes. "Wasn't he just a little kid yesterday?"

Miko smiled and sniffed. "Seems like it."

Ratchet cleared his throat, trying to change the subject. "Alias, I need to check your blood for another three hours."

She whipped her head around in horror before looking at Miko. "Help!"

Miko nodded and grabbed the wheelchair. "Here we go!"

"Wait, hold on!" Jack exclaimed. "Ratchet is a doctor! He knows what he's doing!"

Ratchet smirked as Miko and Alias sped out of the room, Jack on their tail. I walked over and raised an eyeridge.

"You're just letting her go?"

"Oh please, I don't need to check her blood, much less for three hours. They needed a distraction." He chuckled.

I shook my head and turned away.

"Hey, Magnus." Ratchet put his hand on my shoulder. "You did good."

"I know." I replied, walking away to my berthroom.

I closed my eyes and sat down. After a moment, my body shut down.

"Magnus, where are you!?" Vine demanded, her voice making the house shake.

"Behind you." I smirked, stepping closer.

She whirled around. "Magnus, you idiot. I told you to comm me when you got back from school."