TANGLED

It was taunting him

It was taunting him. It was definitely taunting him.

He tried to ignore it. He flipped through magazines. Pore over Marinette's sketchbooks, he even faced his back from it.

But it was still there.

Chat Noir's tail flickered here and there as he watched Marinette knit the green scarf. The strand from the needles danced and swayed to the rhythm of her knitting.

Before he could blink, his claws had already snatched at the string. It tangled up in his fingers and the ball of yarn thumped on the floor and rolled away. The scarf flew in the air and untangled.

Panicked, Chat waved his hand around, trying to dislodge the yarn from his fingers. It made it worst.

"Chat!" Marinette's irritated voice pierced his ears.

He flinched and looked up guiltily at her. She was glaring at him, her eyes ablaze. His ears seemed to deflate as he tried to make himself smaller. Who knew that the nicest girl he'd ever met could get as angry as this. Chat said guiltily, "I'm sorry."

Marinette tried to stay angry, but the way his eyes widened and stared deep in her soul, she couldn't do it for long. With a sigh, she knelt down and untangled the yarn from his fingers.

"Really kitty," Marinette said in exasperation. "If you keep playing with it, I will never finish this in time."

"Who're you giving it to?" Chat asked.

Marinette looked at him. "I was going to give it to you."

His eyes widened. "Me?!"

"But with the way you're hindering my progress, looks like you don't really want it." Marinette said nonchalantly as she finally set his fingers free.

"No no no! I want it!" Chat blurted out. He put one hand over his heart and held up the other like a pledge. "I promise not to bother you m'lady!"

"You better." Marinette said playfully as she picked up the discarded items and flopped back on her bed, resuming her knitting.

This time, Chat Noir behaved. He laid down beside her, lying on his stomach, his head resting on his arms. A soft smile played on his face as he gazed at her. But then, the movement of the string caught his eye again. He reached out.

"Hands to yourself."

"I apawlogize, bug."

He grinned as she sighed, but she had a smile on her face. A few minutes passed, with nothing but their breathing and the clack of her knitting needles. Then, Chat Noir reached out his hand.

But this time, it didn't go for the string. Marinette froze as she felt his gloved hand brush her cheek. She looked at him and blushed at the way he was gazing at her. "Chat?"

He smiled gently. "Hey Princess."

"What is it?"

"Thank you."

That's too short, so I wrote another one... Kinda same story... :D

JK

no, no JK

Have it

"Maman, Papa! I'm back!" The young designer called as she entered her home. The bakery had closed long ago and it was pretty late out. She had stayed at Alya's house for dinner and got home way later than expected. However, her parents didn't mind at all. They loved to see their little girl happy and encouraged her to go out and have fun with her friends. After saying goodnight, Marinette lazily trudged up the stairs to her bedroom. She was exhausted.She pushed open the trapdoor to her bedroom and froze on the spot when she saw the scene before her.

There was yarn EVERYWHERE. All over her desk, on her chaise, tangled on the stairs and completely covering the floor. In the middle of the room was Chat Noir with all his limbs tangled in the yarn around him.

"Princess you're back!" He chirped when he noticed her standing there. "Quick, come over here and help me get out of this!" He tilted his head towards the yarn that was holding him hostage.

Marinette couldn't believe that mangy alley cat. She had told him many, many times before about touching her yarn. She told him he was not allowed to even go near it, no matter how much he whined and complained..

Yet, he still disobeyed her rules, and now he expected her to help him. No. She was tired, it was late and she really didn't feel like helping Chat get out of another sticky situation. Instead, she silently pulled out her phone, snapped a couple photos of her friend stuck in the yarn and then climbed into bed.

"Mari? Princess? Where are you going?" Chat questioned frantically as she walked right past him. She didn't answer. She just turned off the light and lay down.

His cat-hearing powers allowed him to be able to hear the girl mumble something that sounded like a 'figure it out yourself' before falling asleep. He sighed. This was going to be a loooooong night.